Digital TV News: Anthony Wood
Roku introduces upgraded Roku 3 and Roku 2 streaming players
Apr 6, 2015 – Roku has announced 'Roku Feed', a feature that allows consumers to follow entertainment and get automatic updates on pricing and availability. Roku has also introduced its Roku 3 streaming player with voice search and a faster Roku 2 player.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, Canada, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, Set Top Box, UK, USA
Roku announces Roku TV 4K plans
Jan 5, 2015 – Roku has announced its plans to support 4K Ultra HD streaming. The company has prepared a Roku TV reference design for 4K smart TVs for license to TV OEM partners. TCL is an initial partner to build 4K models.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Netflix, Anthony Wood, Chris Larson, Neil Hunt, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Roku reaches 10 million players sold in U.S.
Sep 16, 2014 – Roku has announced that is has sold 10 million Roku streaming players in the United States. Since the company’s May 2008 unveiling of the very first device to stream Netflix to the TV, the popularity of streaming players has grown rapidly.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Roku introduces Roku TV
Jan 6, 2014 – Roku has announced Roku TV, a Smart TV reference design and software stack that the company plans to license to manufacturers to build and distribute Roku TV models.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
More US households use Roku than Apple TV or other streaming video media device
Aug 14, 2013 – Parks Associates has announced streaming media and connected TV research showing the number of U.S. broadband households with a streaming video media device, such as a Roku® or an Apple TV, has doubled since 2011, reaching 14% in 2013.
News categories: Parks Associates, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Roku receives $60 Million investment
May 29, 2013 – Roku has announced that it has received a $60 million investment. The investment will fuel Roku's growth. Best known for its lineup of popular streaming players, the company is extending its streaming platform by working with other consumer electronics brands.
News categories: Roku, OTT, Set Top Box, Venture Capital
Roku releases Roku 3 player in U.S.
Mar 6, 2013 – The fastest, most powerful Roku streaming player to date, Roku 3 delivers useful innovation - including a faster processor and an enhanced remote with a headphone jack for private listening - and marks the introduction of Roku's new user interface.
News categories: Roku, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
TWC TV Launching on Roku
Jan 7, 2013 – Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC) and Roku® have announced that they have entered into an agreement to bring TWC TV™ to Roku streaming devices in the U.S. TWC TV is a service available to subscribers of Time Warner Cable video service and is expected to launch on Roku this quarter.
News categories: Roku, Time Warner Cable, Cable TV, CES2021, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, USA
Roku Streaming Stick Integrates 'Smart' Experience into TVs Instantly
Jan 4, 2012 – Roku® has unveiled a new solution to make a better Smart TV. The new Roku Streaming Stick™ is a wireless device about the size of a standard USB flash drive that will plug into a TV to instantly transform it into a Smart TV.
News categories: Roku, MHL Consortium, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5