Digital TV News: Anthony Wood
Roku reaches 10 million players sold in U.S.
Sep 16, 2014 – Roku has announced that is has sold 10 million Roku streaming players in the United States. Since the company’s May 2008 unveiling of the very first device to stream Netflix to the TV, the popularity of streaming players has grown rapidly.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Roku introduces Roku TV
Jan 6, 2014 – Roku has announced Roku TV, a Smart TV reference design and software stack that the company plans to license to manufacturers to build and distribute Roku TV models.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
More US households use Roku than Apple TV or other streaming video media device
Aug 14, 2013 – Parks Associates has announced streaming media and connected TV research showing the number of U.S. broadband households with a streaming video media device, such as a Roku® or an Apple TV, has doubled since 2011, reaching 14% in 2013.
News categories: Parks Associates, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Roku receives $60 Million investment
May 29, 2013 – Roku has announced that it has received a $60 million investment. The investment will fuel Roku's growth. Best known for its lineup of popular streaming players, the company is extending its streaming platform by working with other consumer electronics brands.
News categories: Roku, OTT, Set Top Box, Venture Capital
Roku releases Roku 3 player in U.S.
Mar 6, 2013 – The fastest, most powerful Roku streaming player to date, Roku 3 delivers useful innovation - including a faster processor and an enhanced remote with a headphone jack for private listening - and marks the introduction of Roku's new user interface.
News categories: Roku, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
TWC TV Launching on Roku
Jan 7, 2013 – Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC) and Roku® have announced that they have entered into an agreement to bring TWC TV™ to Roku streaming devices in the U.S. TWC TV is a service available to subscribers of Time Warner Cable video service and is expected to launch on Roku this quarter.
News categories: Roku, Time Warner Cable, Cable TV, CES2020, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, USA
Roku Streaming Stick Integrates 'Smart' Experience into TVs Instantly
Jan 4, 2012 – Roku® has unveiled a new solution to make a better Smart TV. The new Roku Streaming Stick™ is a wireless device about the size of a standard USB flash drive that will plug into a TV to instantly transform it into a Smart TV.
News categories: Roku, MHL Consortium, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
WealthTV deploys its 24/7 'Cable' Feed Over-the-Top on Roku
Jan 18, 2011 – WealthTV has announced that its 24/7 linear high definition feed, along with numerous video on demand titles, is now available on the award-winning Roku streaming player.
News categories: Roku, WealthTV, OTT, USA
Roku Announces Content Partnership with Hulu
Sep 28, 2010 – Roku and Hulu have announced a partnership to offer the Hulu Plus™ service on all Roku players. The Hulu Plus channel will be available via subscription to all Roku customers later this fall.
News categories: Hulu, Roku, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV