Digital TV News: Arab Advisors
854 FTA satellite channels in the MENA region
Aug 7, 2016 – According to Arab Advisors, the number of FTA satellite channels in the Arab World was 854 in May 2016. The channels are broadcast on Arabsat, Nilesat, Noorsat and Yahlive. The majority are in SD, with 2.1% broadcasting in High Definition.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Noor Al Asmar, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
10 Arab countries now have IPTV services
Jul 4, 2016 – By May 2016, fourteen service providers in ten countries in the Arab World offered IPTV services. Arab Advisors Group's analysis revealed that GCC countries had the largest number of IPTV providers in the region.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Hiba Al Atiyat, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East
280 satellite pay TV channels in the Arab World
Nov 8, 2015 – According to the Arab Advisors Group, as of October 2015 the four satellite Pay TV operators, broadcasting from the Arab Region, offered a combined total of 280 channels. OSN is the leader in terms of the number of offered channels.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Hiba Al Atiyat, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
Nine countries in the Arab world have IPTV providers
Jun 16, 2015 – In April, fourteen service providers in nine countries in the Arab World offered IPTV services. Research by the Arab Advisors Group revealed that GCC countries had the largest number of IPTV providers in the region.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Hiba Al Atiyat, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Lebanon, Market Research, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
HDTV progressing well in the Arab World
Apr 6, 2015 – According to a new report from Arab Advisors Group, by March 2015, the satellites covering the Arab World carried 195 HD channels up from 134 HD channels by February 2014.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Noor Asmar, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
724 FTA satellite channels target the Arab region
Nov 27, 2014 – The number of operational FTA satellite channels in the Arab World reached 724 in September 2014. The majority of the channels are broadcast in Standard Definition (SD), while 10.5% are in High Definition (HD), according to Arab Advisors.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Dalia Haddad, Hind Qweider, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
Entropic, MTI satellite Channel Stacking Switch deployed in the Middle East
Mar 10, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and MTI have announced that a DBS operator in the Middle East has deployed MTI's 4x4, Quad SCR DBS ODU LNB product, based on Entropic's Channel Stacking Switch silicon.
News categories: Entropic, MTI, Eugene Wu, Al Servati, LNB, Middle-East, Satellite, Semiconductor
Arab world's satellite subscribers to reach 19 million in 2017
Feb 27, 2014 – By end of 2017, Arab Advisors Group projects the Arab World's Satellite Pay TV subscriptions to increase to 19 million with total market revenues reaching US$ 2.5 billion.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Mai Al-Zeir, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers
IPTV flourishes in the Persian Gulf
Feb 6, 2014 – Fourteen service providers in nine countries in the Arab World offered IPTV services by October 2013, up from eleven service providers in eight countries offering IPTV by yearend 2011, according to the Arab Advisors Group.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Lebanon, Market Research, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet