Digital TV News: Asano
Asano Smart TVs to feature the Foxxum app store
Feb 25, 2019 – Foxxum has introduced Asano as a Smart TV partner, with Asano integrating the Foxxum app store. The app store features global and local apps and will be available on Asano Linux and AOSP OS-based devices from the beginning of 2019.
News categories: Foxxum, Asano, Ronny Lutzi, He Xing, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sky Perfect subscribers down 25k in 1Q10
Apr 2, 2010 – SKY Perfect JSAT Corporation (Tokyo:9412) has announced the number of subscribers as of the end of March 2010. Subscribers to SKY Perfect JSAT's broadcast services were up 22,949 in March to give a cumulative total of 3,687,699.
News categories: SKY Perfect, IPTV, Japan, Satellite, Subscribers
ViXS Enables New Hitachi HD Flat Panel TVs with built-in HDD
May 21, 2009 – ViXS Systems has announced that the XCode® 3290 has been selected by Hitachi (Tokyo:6501; NYSE:HIT) to enable their latest generation of HD Flat Panel TVs featuring a built-in Hard Disk Drive (HDD) for Personal Video Recording (PVR).
News categories: ViXS Systems, Hitachi, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, DVR, ISDB-T, Japan, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019
- NBCUniversal and Sky combine advanced advertising capabilities
- Netflix surges beyond 11 million users in Australia
- Asia Pacific OTT to generate $48 billion
- Cinedigm to acquire Future Today
- Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
- NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
- CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
- US esports ad revenues will grow 25% in 2019
- Funimation licenses TiVo's Search, Recommendations and Insight modules
- FTTH Council Europe updates FTTH/FTTB figures
- Eleven Sports launches new streaming service in Japan
- Rakuten TV to expand reach to more than 40 countries in 2019
- Bezeq plans migration of 'yes' from satellite to OTT
- TDG: Disney+ likely to be well received
- Saankhya Labs develops 5G Broadcast and Direct to Mobile TV technologies
- Benin signs up with SES for DTT distribution and DTH
- DIRECTV NOW packages get slimmer and pricier, but include HBO
- InPlayer joins Kaltura’s Video Technology Marketplace
- U.S. media companies and VIZIO form addressable advertising consortium