Digital TV News: Ashwin Navin
Samba TV interactive platform available soon on Toshiba smart TVs
Jan 6, 2014 – Samba TV has announced that its technology will be integrated into Toshiba Smart TVs, allowing owners to use their TV remote or a nearby tablet, phone or PC to instantly interact with their favorite shows or movies.
News categories: Samba, Toshiba, Scott Ramirez, Ashwin Navin, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Changhong Integrates Flingo Interactive TV Platform With Its Smart TVs
Mar 19, 2013 – Changhong has announced a partnership with Flingo to integrate Samba interactive TV platform into the Changhong line of Smart TVs. Samba identifies live TV shows, recommends related online videos, and aggregates real-time information including social media discussions about the TV program currently playing.
News categories: Flingo, Changhong, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Social TV
MStar Semi to integrate Flingo interactive TV platform
Jan 16, 2013 – Flingo has announced that Samba, its interactive TV platform, will be integrated into MStar Semiconductor's (TSE:3697) Smart TV solution to instantly synchronize any screen -- TV, tablet, phone or PC -- with live TV shows.
News categories: Flingo, MStar Semi, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Entropic Partners With Flingo for Interactive TV Within Set-Top Boxes and Second Screens
Jan 8, 2013 – Flingo has announced that Samba, its new interactive TV platform, will be integrated into Entropic's next-generation set-top box (STB) chipsets to instantly synchronize any screen -- TV, tablet, phone or PC -- with live TV shows.
News categories: Flingo, Entropic, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Hisense Integrates Flingo Samba to Automatically Identify and Enhance Live TV Programs
Jan 4, 2013 – Hisense has announced the integration of Flingo's Samba interactive TV platform into its Smart TVs. Samba identifies live TV shows, recommends related online videos, and aggregates real-time information including social media discussions about the TV program currently playing.
News categories: Flingo, Hisense, Apps, CES2021, Smart TV
Haier Chooses Flingo Samba to Automatically Identify and Enhance Live TV Programs
Jan 4, 2013 – Flingo has announced that its Samba platform will be integrated into Haier Smart TVs to synchronize any second screen with live TV. Samba recommends online videos, TV programs, real-time information and social media discussions related to the TV program currently playing.
News categories: Flingo, Haier, Apps, CES2021, Smart TV
Trident and Flingo Deliver the World's First Deployment of Sync Apps(SM) on Connected TVs
Jan 5, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (Nasdaq: TRID) has announced that it has integrated Flingo's Sync App(SM) technology onto its digital TV (DTV) platform to make TV watching more fun and engaging through a new level of interactivity with TV programming.
News categories: Trident Micro, Flingo, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV
BitTorrent's Delivery Network Accelerator (DNA) Service Improves the Online Experience for Streaming Video, Downloadable Software and Video Games
Oct 9, 2007 – BitTorrent has announced the general availability of the BitTorrent Delivery Network Accelerator (DNA) service. BitTorrent DNA is a peer-accelerated content delivery service that provides consumers faster, more reliable, more efficient access to rich content through downloads or streams.
News categories: BitTorrent, Brightcove, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service