Digital TV News: AsiaSat
WarnerMedia chooses AsiaSat for HD distribution in Asia
Jun 18, 2019 – AsiaSat has been selected by WarnerMedia as its partner for the distribution of the regional HD services of CNN International, Cartoon Network, Boomerang and Warner TV, as well as HBO HD in South Asia, via AsiaSat 7 in the Asia-Pacific.
News categories: AsiaSat, Turner, WarnerMedia, Ina Lui, James Crossland, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
AsiaSat agrees 4K soccer distribution deal with MEDIAPRO for AsiaSat 9
Oct 2, 2018 – AsiaSat has announced an agreement with MEDIAPRO, a producer and distributor of audiovisual content, to deliver live 4K top tier soccer matches on AsiaSat 9, AsiaSat’s most powerful satellite serving the Asia-Pacific.
News categories: AsiaSat, MEDIAPRO, Ina Lui, Asia, Digital TV, Satellite
AsiaSat collaborates with KBZ to provide OTT video via satellite in Myanmar
Jun 27, 2018 – AsiaSat (SEHK: 1135) has announced a collaboration with KBZ Gateway to explore business opportunities for providing OTT video via satellite in Myanmar. The initiative will initially support the FTA distribution of national TV channels.
News categories: AsiaSat, KBZ Gateway, Barrie Woolston, Virender Singh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Myanmar, OTT, Satellite
AsiaSat 9 fully operational at 122°E
Nov 27, 2017 – AsiaSat 9 is fully operational at 122°E following successful migration of all services from AsiaSat 4, delivering enhanced power, greater bandwidth and improved efficiency to customers for advanced DTH, TV distribution, VSAT broadband and mobility services across the Asia-Pacific.
News categories: AsiaSat, Andrew Jordan, Asia, Content Distribution, Indonesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Oceania, Satellite
ILS successfully launches AsiaSat 9
Sep 29, 2017 – ILS has carried the AsiaSat 9 satellite into orbit for AsiaSat. Built by SSL, it is a replacement for AsiaSat 4 at 122°E with multiple C, Ku and Ka-band payloads and will provide DTH, video distribution, VSAT broadband and mobility services.
News categories: International Launch Services, AsiaSat, Kirk Pysher, Andrew Jordan, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
AsiaSat 9 set for 28 September launch
Jul 31, 2017 – AsiaSat 9 is set for launch on 28 September. AsiaSat 9 will replace AsiaSat 4 at 122°E longitude. The new satellite will deliver significantly improved performance and higher efficiency for customers’ services.
News categories: AsiaSat, Andrew Jordan, Asia, Digital TV, Satellite
Asiasat to provide 4K content from XTreme Video on AsiaSat 4
Sep 22, 2016 – Asia Satellite Telecommunications Co. Ltd. (AsiaSat) has announced that 4K-SAT, the Ultra-HD channel operated by AsiaSat, will be broadcasting premium extreme and outdoor content from XTreme Video on AsiaSat 4.
News categories: AsiaSat, XTreme Video, Sabrina Cubbon, Joe Nilsson, Asia, Digital TV, Satellite
Harmonic and AsiaSat launch UHD channel
Jan 20, 2016 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and AsiaSat (HKSE: 1135) have announced a partnership to launch a new Ultra HD (UHD) channel '4K-SAT2/HVN', AsiaSat's second free-to-air UHD channel on AsiaSat 4 at 122 degrees East for Asia-Pacific.
News categories: Harmonic, AsiaSat, Peter Alexander, Sabrina Cubbon, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
AsiaSat 6 to provide video services in China
Jan 18, 2016 – The State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television of The People’s Republic of China (SAPPRFT) has recently given permission for AsiaSat 6 to serve Chinese broadcasters for video distribution to cable headends in China.
News categories: AsiaSat, SAPPRFT, William Wade, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025