Digital TV News: Aster
ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
May 28, 2020 – ATRESMEDIA and smartclip have expanded their strategic agreement to ATRESMEDIA’s Addressable TV portfolio. The biggest priority will be given to roll out full addressability of the traditional broadcast TV ad break.
News categories: smartclip, ATRESMEDIA, Thomas Servatius, Arturo Larrainzar, Advertising, Digital TV, HbbTV, Spain
Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
May 28, 2020 – Comscore and Kantar have renewed their partnership with Auditel in Italy through December 31, 2023. The collaboration with Auditel, the authority for measurement of the Italian TV industry, has been running since August 2017.
News categories: Comscore, Kantar, Auditel, Guido Fambach, Louise Ainsworth, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Italy
SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
May 27, 2020 – SES has revealed the results of its first TV market reception survey in the Philippines. Satellite TV (17%) is the second-most popular mode of TV reception, behind terrestrial TV (66%) but ahead of cable TV (15%) and IPTV (2%).
News categories: SES S.A, Yew Weng Soo, Digital TV, Market Research, Philippines
NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
May 26, 2020 – Sinclair Broadcast (NASDAQ: SBGI), Nexstar Media (NASDAQ: NXST), and The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) have announced that their Las Vegas television stations have begun broadcasting in NEXTGEN TV powered by ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar Media, Scripps, Chris Ripley, Perry Sook, Brian Lawlor, John Hane, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
May 26, 2020 – Yospace and Nordija have announced an integration that simplifies the route-to-market for broadcasters and video service providers wishing to monetize their live OTT streams via server-side dynamic ad insertion.
News categories: Nordija, Yospace, Peter Røder Kristensen, Ed New, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
FCC to vote on plan to clear the way for ATSC 3.0 internet services
May 18, 2020 – FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr has announced that the FCC will vote on his plan to promote the build out of Broadcast Internet services, enabled by ATSC 3.0 and delivered over an efficient one-to-many architecture.
News categories: FCC, Dennis Wharton, Jamie Susskind, ATSC, Broadband, Digital TV, Regulation, USA
Global OTT revenues to reach $167 billion in 2025
May 18, 2020 – According to Digital TV Research, global online TV episode and movie revenues will reach $167 billion in 2025; double the $83 billion recorded in 2019. About $16 billion will be added in 2020. SVOD’s share of OTT revenues will stay at around 58%.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Edgeware chooses Norigin Media OTT Testing-aaS
May 14, 2020 – Norigin Media is to provide quality assurance for Edgeware’s StreamPilot, a streaming control solution for multi-CDN environments. The collaboration will be based on Norigin Media's OTT Testing-aaS packages.
News categories: Norigin Media, Edgeware’, Ajey Anand, Kalle Henriksson, Content Identification, Digital TV, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
Telos Audio Processor integrates Verance watermarking for ATSC 3.0
May 12, 2020 – Telos Alliance has announced the availability of Verance Aspect watermarking in its LA-5300 Broadcast Audio Processor. The LA-5300 processor was developed by Telos Alliance specifically for ATSC 3.0 services.
News categories: Verance, Telos Alliance, Nil Shah, John Schur, ATSC, Content Distribution, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020