Digital TV News: Atari
Atari VCS home gaming and entertainment platform unveiled
Jun 13, 2019 – Atari has made further announcements about its Atari VCS home gaming and entertainment platform. As well as gaming, the Atari VCS is optimized for video entertainment. The system is 4K HDR capable and supports video apps such as Netflix, Hulu, and Showtime.
News categories: Atari, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Digiturk selects Unified Streaming to consolidate video delivery
Jan 24, 2019 – Digiturk has chosen Unified Streaming to support its newly consolidated video-streaming environment. Features will include support of a multi-CDN and multi-DRM strategy and the integration of an efficient, user-friendly nPVR.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Digiturk, Simon Westbroek, Hatice Memigüven, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Turkey
Vodafone first telco to partner with Amazon Prime Video India
Mar 19, 2017 – Vodafone India is the first telecom operator to partner with Amazon Prime Video India enabling customers to access their large selection of movies, TV shows, kids’ programming and Amazon Originals.
News categories: Amazon, Vodafone, Nitesh Kripalani, Digital TV, India, Mobile, OTT
Entel nearly quintuples DTH subscribers in 2015
Apr 24, 2016 – According to figures obtained by La Razon, the number of active subscribers to the direct-to-home satellite television service of Bolivia's Empresa Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (Entel) almost quintupled in 2015.
News categories: Entel, Bolivia, Satellite, Subscribers
Ooredoo begins era of 4K entertainment in Qatar
Feb 16, 2016 – Ooredoo has launched Ooredoo tv in Qatar. The service, which will replace Ooredoo’s Mozaic TV, has been designed as an evolution in home entertainment services, combining apps, on-demand and live television in one easy-to-use box.
News categories: Ooredoo, Waleed Al Sayed, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Qatar, Set Top Box
beIN SPORTS selects Cisco Videoscape TV
Jan 21, 2015 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that beIN SPORTS has selected the Cisco Videoscape TV services delivery platform to deliver advanced sports video experiences across 20+ countries in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
News categories: Cisco Systems, beIN SPORTS, Yves Padrines, Yousef Mohammed Al-Obaidly, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middle-East, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Mitsubishi selected to build Qatar's Es’hail 2 DTH satellite
Sep 8, 2014 – Es’hailSat, the Qatar Satellite Company, has announced that Mitsubishi Electric (MELCO), has been selected to build the company’s second satellite, Es’hail 2. The satellite will be positioned at 26°E for TV broadcasting.
News categories: Es’hailSat, Mitsubishi, Ali Al Kuwari, Yasunori Kamochi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Qatar, Satellite
Entel to offer satellite TV in Bolivia
Nov 20, 2013 – Bolivia's Entel has announced that, once the country's Túpac Katari communications satellite is in operation, the company plans to offer a nationwide digital satellite television service starting in 2014.
News categories: Entel, Bolivia, Digital TV, Satellite
Playcast Media Partners with Set-Top Box Leaders Cisco, Pace and AirTires
Sep 7, 2012 – Playcast Media has announced four new technology partnerships with some of the largest companies in the set-top market: Cisco, Pace and AirTires which represent a total new install based of over 100 million households worldwide.
News categories: Playcast, Cisco Systems, Pace plc, AirTies, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box