Digital TV News: Atlantic Broadband
Atlantic Broadband adds Alexa functionality to its TiVo-powered video platform
Mar 6, 2019 – Atlantic Broadband has announced that Amazon Alexa voice control functionality is now available through its TiVo-powered video platform. With the enhancement, customer can issue hands-free voice commands without the need for a remote control.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, TiVo Corp, Alexa, Heather McCallion, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA, UX
Atlantic Broadband acquires cable system in Springfield, WV from Comcast
Feb 20, 2019 – Atlantic Broadband has completed the acquisition of the cable system serving Springfield, West Virginia from Comcast. Atlantic Broadband will integrate the cable system into its existing infrastructure in Hampshire County, West Virginia.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, Curt Kosko, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Atlantic Broadband launches TiVo UX with VOD by SeaChange
Jul 30, 2018 – Atlantic Broadband has announced that it has launched the new TiVo Experience 4 combined with IP-based Video On Demand (VOD). In conjunction with the launch, the company has introduced an IP-based VOD platform powered by SeaChange.
News categories: Seachange, Atlantic Broadband, TiVo, Mark Tubinis, Heather McCallion, Michael Hawkey, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Atlantic Broadband completes acquisition of Metrocast cable systems
Jan 4, 2018 – Cogeco Communications (TSX: CCA) has announced that its subsidiary Atlantic Broadband has completed the acquisition of cable systems owned by Harron Communications and operating under the MetroCast brand name.
News categories: Cogeco, Atlantic Broadband, Louis Audet, Richard Shea, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, USA
EPIX app launches on TiVo set-tops at Atlantic Broadband
Jan 24, 2017 – EPIX has announced that it will offer EPIX content through an app that enables authenticated subscribers to access EPIX’s library of more than 2,000 Hollywood movies on TiVo devices. The app will first launch with Atlantic Broadband.
News categories: EPIX, TiVo, Atlantic Broadband, NCTC, Mark Greenberg, Jim Denney, David Isenberg, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Evolution Digital reaches milestone of 12 million STBs shipped
Sep 7, 2016 – Evolution Digital has announced that it has shipped 12 million digital set-top boxes to cable operators around the world. These 12 million digital devices consist of Evolution Digital’s wide product offerings including its SD DTA, HD uDTA and eBOX IP Hybrid STB.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Chris Egan, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Atlantic Broadband debuts multi-screen TiVo service
Mar 10, 2015 – Atlantic Broadband, the USA's 13th largest cable operator, has announced that its multi-screen digital entertainment TiVo service is debuting in Salamanca, Shippenville and the surrounding areas.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, TiVo, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, USA
Netflix adds 1.69 million members in 2Q 2014
Jul 22, 2014 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has released its second-quarter 2014 financial results. The U.S. member base grew to more than 36 million. Outside the U.S. the company ended Q2 with 13.8 million members, growing 78% y/y.
News categories: Netflix, Cable TV, Europe, Latin America, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
Cogeco TV customers down 9,620 in quarter to end-May 2014
Jul 10, 2014 – Cogeco Cable (TSX: CCA) has announced results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014, ended May 31, 2014. Third-quarter net losses for Television service customers stood at 9,620 compared to 8,407 for the same period of fiscal 2013.
News categories: Cogeco, Cable TV, Canada, Results, Subscribers, USA
- TVU Networks and KT to establish 5G UHD broadcast network in Korea
- After a period of stagnation, STB shipments on the rise again
- Kaltura and 3SS offer joint personalized Cloud TV solution
- Panasonic launches smart TV with HbbTV OpApp for HD+ in Germany
- China Central Television selects Harmonic media server for UHD playout
- Consumers moving away from traditional forms of entertainment and media consumption
- NAGRA to showcase approach to pay TV business transformation at NAB 2019
- U.S. consumers piecing together their own personalized entertainment experiences
- Involuntary cancellations a huge problem for the SVOD industry
- FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
- NCC Media connects online inventory to its TV advertising platform
- MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019
- NBCUniversal and Sky combine advanced advertising capabilities
- Netflix surges beyond 11 million users in Australia
- Asia Pacific OTT to generate $48 billion
- Cinedigm to acquire Future Today
- Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
- NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
- CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
- US esports ad revenues will grow 25% in 2019