Digital TV News: Atlantic Broadband
Atlantic Broadband brings new TiVo experience to Low Country area of South Carolina
Apr 17, 2019 – Atlantic Broadband has announced that it has launched TiVo's Unified Entertainment System in the Low Country area of South Carolina. The platform features a modern user interface, personalized viewing recommendations and a voice remote.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, TiVo Corp, Heather McCallion, Debbie Eblen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Atlantic Broadband adds Alexa functionality to its TiVo-powered video platform
Mar 6, 2019 – Atlantic Broadband has announced that Amazon Alexa voice control functionality is now available through its TiVo-powered video platform. With the enhancement, customer can issue hands-free voice commands without the need for a remote control.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, TiVo Corp, Alexa, Heather McCallion, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA, UX
Atlantic Broadband acquires cable system in Springfield, WV from Comcast
Feb 20, 2019 – Atlantic Broadband has completed the acquisition of the cable system serving Springfield, West Virginia from Comcast. Atlantic Broadband will integrate the cable system into its existing infrastructure in Hampshire County, West Virginia.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, Curt Kosko, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Atlantic Broadband launches TiVo UX with VOD by SeaChange
Jul 30, 2018 – Atlantic Broadband has announced that it has launched the new TiVo Experience 4 combined with IP-based Video On Demand (VOD). In conjunction with the launch, the company has introduced an IP-based VOD platform powered by SeaChange.
News categories: Seachange, Atlantic Broadband, TiVo, Mark Tubinis, Heather McCallion, Michael Hawkey, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Atlantic Broadband completes acquisition of Metrocast cable systems
Jan 4, 2018 – Cogeco Communications (TSX: CCA) has announced that its subsidiary Atlantic Broadband has completed the acquisition of cable systems owned by Harron Communications and operating under the MetroCast brand name.
News categories: Cogeco, Atlantic Broadband, Louis Audet, Richard Shea, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, USA
EPIX app launches on TiVo set-tops at Atlantic Broadband
Jan 24, 2017 – EPIX has announced that it will offer EPIX content through an app that enables authenticated subscribers to access EPIX’s library of more than 2,000 Hollywood movies on TiVo devices. The app will first launch with Atlantic Broadband.
News categories: EPIX, TiVo, Atlantic Broadband, NCTC, Mark Greenberg, Jim Denney, David Isenberg, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Evolution Digital reaches milestone of 12 million STBs shipped
Sep 7, 2016 – Evolution Digital has announced that it has shipped 12 million digital set-top boxes to cable operators around the world. These 12 million digital devices consist of Evolution Digital’s wide product offerings including its SD DTA, HD uDTA and eBOX IP Hybrid STB.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Chris Egan, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Atlantic Broadband debuts multi-screen TiVo service
Mar 10, 2015 – Atlantic Broadband, the USA's 13th largest cable operator, has announced that its multi-screen digital entertainment TiVo service is debuting in Salamanca, Shippenville and the surrounding areas.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, TiVo, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, USA
Netflix adds 1.69 million members in 2Q 2014
Jul 22, 2014 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has released its second-quarter 2014 financial results. The U.S. member base grew to more than 36 million. Outside the U.S. the company ended Q2 with 13.8 million members, growing 78% y/y.
News categories: Netflix, Cable TV, Europe, Latin America, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- Rostelecom pay TV subscribers up 3% YoY in 1Q 2019