Digital TV News: Australian Broadcasting Corp
Australia's ABC to deploy BuyDRM MultiKey in conjunction with AWS Elemental
Mar 27, 2018 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) is planning to deploy BuyDRM’s KeyOS MultiKey Service in conjunction with AWS Elemental to package and encrypt live video content for users on a variety of playback platforms in Australia.
News categories: BuyDRM, ABC, Elemental, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Keith Wymbs, Australia, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
ABC selects BuyDRM multi-DRM for iview on-demand and catch up TV
May 16, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation is now using their KeyOS MultiKey Service for their VOD and catchup service iview. Using KeyOS, iview will be able to deliver DASH, HLS and MSS encoded content using industry-leading DRMs.
News categories: BuyDRM, Australian Broadcasting Corp, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
Western Digital adds SlingPlayer app to WD TV® media player
Jun 5, 2012 – Western Digital (NASDAQ: WDC) has introduced a variety of new entertainment options for the WD TV Live™ and WD TV Live Hub™ media players, including watching live and recorded TV with a new SlingPlayer® app.
News categories: Western Digital, Apps, OTT, Placeshifting, Set Top Box
The Future of TV Begins Now on Xbox 360
Dec 5, 2011 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced the launch of an all-new Xbox 360 experience including the first group of new, custom applications from world leading TV and entertainment content providers on Xbox LIVE.
News categories: Xbox, Australia, Austria, Canada, Digital TV, Finland, France, Games Console, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Spain, Sweden, UK, USA
Broadcast Mobile TV demonstrated with Sydney Trial
Jan 23, 2009 – The Ai Group's Australian Digital Suppliers Industry Forum (ADSIF) is coordinating a DVB-H mobile TV trial in Sydney with partners including Optus, Nokia, Nokia Siemens Networks, LG, Broadcast Australia and Australian Digital Testing.
News categories: Ai Group, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
Freeview to Drive Digital Take-up in Australia
Jul 17, 2008 – Australia's free-to-air commercial television networks together with the nation's public broadcasters have formally announced the establishment of Freeview to help drive take-up of the free-to-air digital television platform in Australia.
News categories: Australian Broadcasting Corp, SBS, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Australian Broadcasting Corporation 2008: The Digital Future Now
Mar 12, 2008 – ABC Managing Director Mark Scott has announced that ABC Playback, Australia's first internet TV service with full screen quality pictures, will launch following a beta test period commencing on 26 March.
News categories: Australian Broadcasting Corp, Australia, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT
Australia - Free TV Networks To Broadcast Industry Electronic Program Guide
Nov 14, 2007 – Commercial Free TV broadcasters have announced that they will all be openly broadcasting program listing information by 1 January 2008, creating Australia's first free electronic program guide (EPG).
News categories: Free TV Australia, Australia, Broadcasting, Digital TV, Terrestrial
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023
- ITV announces new addressable advertising platform: Planet V
- Eutelsat signs up Orao Telecom Congo for CIRRUS hybrid satellite/OTT
- Disney+ gets some traction, Apple TV lags in streaming wars
- Disney+ launches in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers