Digital TV News: Avni Rambhia
OTT content is driving demand for streaming media devices and smart TVs
Feb 23, 2017 – Growing preference for OTT content is catalyzing demand for streaming media devices and smart TVs. The market is now ready to match consumer expectations by offering seamless accessibility to on-demand content through a new generation of devices.
News categories: Frost and Sullivan, Avni Rambhia, V Aravindh, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
More than 50 sign-up for Opera TV Certification Program
Dec 22, 2016 – Opera TV has announced that its Opera TV Certification Program now has more than 50 content service providers signed up. Participation in the program enables participants to develop and deploy the same HTML5 applications across Opera TV’s certified platforms and devices.
News categories: Opera, Frost & Sullivan, Daniel Nordberg, Avni Rambhia, Apps, CES, Digital TV, HTML5, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Verimatrix launches Operator Analytics Suite
Apr 15, 2016 – Verimatrix has formally launched its Verspective Operator Analytics solution, an extensible suite of subscriber intelligence tools that are designed to emphasize data security and integrity as a foundation for actionable intelligence.
News categories: Verimatrix, Petr Peterka, Advertising, NABShow, Worldwide
'TV Everywhere' is Reshaping the Pay TV Content Protection Market
Jan 22, 2013 – According to Frost & Sullivan, the pay TV content protection market is thriving, driven by the ongoing digitization of cable in emerging markets and by continued investment in advanced applications and 'TV Everywhere' offerings in major markets.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Market Research, TV Everywhere
Rovi Unveils Program to Drive HEVC Rollout
Jan 7, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has unveiled its HEVC Development Program to enable companies participating in the digital video value chain to take advantage of the latest compression technology to reduce storage and bandwidth costs and deliver an optimized viewing experience.
News categories: Rovi Corp, CES, Content Distribution, Media Player
- FreeWheel releases Q1 2019 Video Marketplace report
- Expert System adds MovieLabs Creative Works Ontology support
- Megacable adds 21k video subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Virtual Assistant shipments to exceed 2.3 billion in 2023
- Telecom Egypt and CNE to launch IPTV
- All Media Baltics chooses Atende Software OTT platform
- CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
- Global semiconductor revenue forecast to decline 9.6% in 2019
- iflix secures new round of funding
- Malaysia runs analogue switchover pilot in Langkawi
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- India: 79% of the smartphone users using OTT apps for entertainment
- Peach advertising delivery platform launched
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- Altice France unveils SFR Box 8
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report