Digital TV News: Avni Rambhia
OTT content is driving demand for streaming media devices and smart TVs
Feb 23, 2017 – Growing preference for OTT content is catalyzing demand for streaming media devices and smart TVs. The market is now ready to match consumer expectations by offering seamless accessibility to on-demand content through a new generation of devices.
News categories: Frost and Sullivan, Avni Rambhia, V Aravindh, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
More than 50 sign-up for Opera TV Certification Program
Dec 22, 2016 – Opera TV has announced that its Opera TV Certification Program now has more than 50 content service providers signed up. Participation in the program enables participants to develop and deploy the same HTML5 applications across Opera TV’s certified platforms and devices.
News categories: Opera, Frost & Sullivan, Daniel Nordberg, Avni Rambhia, Apps, CES, Digital TV, HTML5, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Verimatrix launches Operator Analytics Suite
Apr 15, 2016 – Verimatrix has formally launched its Verspective Operator Analytics solution, an extensible suite of subscriber intelligence tools that are designed to emphasize data security and integrity as a foundation for actionable intelligence.
News categories: Verimatrix, Petr Peterka, Advertising, NABShow, Worldwide
'TV Everywhere' is Reshaping the Pay TV Content Protection Market
Jan 22, 2013 – According to Frost & Sullivan, the pay TV content protection market is thriving, driven by the ongoing digitization of cable in emerging markets and by continued investment in advanced applications and 'TV Everywhere' offerings in major markets.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Market Research, TV Everywhere
Rovi Unveils Program to Drive HEVC Rollout
Jan 7, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has unveiled its HEVC Development Program to enable companies participating in the digital video value chain to take advantage of the latest compression technology to reduce storage and bandwidth costs and deliver an optimized viewing experience.
News categories: Rovi Corp, CES, Content Distribution, Media Player
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising