Digital TV News: Azam
European Commission to investigate proposed acquisition of Tele2 NL by T-Mobile
Jun 12, 2018 – The European Commission has opened an in-depth investigation to assess the proposed acquisition of Tele2 NL by T-Mobile NL under the EU Merger Regulation. The Commission is concerned that the merger could lead to higher prices, and reduce choice and innovation for customers in the Netherlands.
News categories: European Commission, T-Mobile, Tele2, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Netherlands, Regulation
VSTV improves QoE with Broadpeak CDN selector
Jul 18, 2017 – Broadpeak has announced that Vietnam Satellite Digital Television (VSTV) has deployed Broadpeak's umbrellaCDN CDN selector. Using umbrellaCDN, VSTV has the flexibility to select the best CDN to deliver live OTT content to subscribers.
News categories: Broadpeak, VSTV, Jacques Le Mancq, Nicolas Cazamayou, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Vietnam
Open Register of Patent Ownership launched
Jun 15, 2015 – A group of leaders in Intellectual Property and Open Data has launched ORoPO, the world's first Open Register of Patent Ownership. ORoPO offers a solution to problems with the accuracy of current patent ownership records.
News categories: ORoPO, Roger Burt, Licensing, Patent
AzamTV adds capacity on EUTELSAT 7B
Mar 10, 2015 – Azam Media is ramping up satellite capacity through a new transponder leased on EUTELSAT 7B. Complementing capacity used on the co-positioned EUTELSAT 7A satellite, it will host new services for the rapidly growing AzamTV pay-TV platform.
News categories: EUTELSAT, Azam, Michel Azibert, Rhys Torrington, Burundi, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malawi, Rwanda, Satellite, South Sudan, Zambia, Zimbabwe
SmarDTV to develop CI+ CAMs for Azam Media in East Africa
Sep 9, 2014 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced a cooperation with Azam Media to develop CI+ conditional access modules (CAM) for its AzamTV (DTH) service currently in Tanzania and then across East Africa.
News categories: SmarDTV, Azam Media, Jerome Vial, Rhys Torrington, Africa, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite, Smart TV, Tanzania
Azam TV DTH to launch in Tanzania on November 29
Nov 5, 2013 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Azam Media have announced the signature of a contract for capacity on EUTELSAT 7A. Azam Media will the satellite as the platform to broadcast its new TV venture, Azam TV, into sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Azam Media, Rhys Torrington, Jean-François Leprince-Ringuet, Digital TV, Satellite, Tanzania
Deutsche Telekom to show opening match of 2010 world ice hockey championships in 3D
Apr 30, 2010 – Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT), in cooperation with Constantin Media, PLAZAMEDIA and SPORT1, will present the opening match of the 2010 ice hockey world championships in 3D on Friday May 7.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Germany, IPTV, VR
Samsung Moment™ Mobile Phone to Demonstrate Mobile Digital TV at International CES 2010
Jan 5, 2010 – Sprint (NYSE: S) and Samsung have announced that Samsung Moment™ will display a mobile phone demonstration of the North American mobile digital TV broadcasting standard during International CES 2010 in Las Vegas on January 7 - 10, 2010.
News categories: Samsung, Sprint, CES2020, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem