Digital TV News: B-SAT
Arianespace wins contract for BSAT-4b
Apr 19, 2018 – Arianespace has announced that it will launch BSAT-4b, under the term of a turnkey contract between B-SAT and Maxar’s SSL. BSAT-4b will be launched by an Ariane 5 in 2020 from the Guiana Space Center.
News categories: Arianespace, Stéphane Israël, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
NEOTION to show satellite OTT gateway at MWC 2018
Feb 22, 2018 – NEOTION is showcasing a new product that delivers an OTT experience, broadcast by satellite, to consumers on their mobile devices. The NEOTION Gateway supports up to 50 channels with up to 50 viewers watching each one.
News categories: NEOTION, Lionel BOISSIER, Gateway, Mobile, MWC19, Satellite, Worldwide
Ariane 5 orbits Intelsat 37e and BSAT-4a satellites
Sep 29, 2017 – Arianespace has orbited telecommunications satellites for its long-time customers. The mission carried Intelsat 37e for Intelsat, along with BSAT-4a which was launched as part of a turnkey contract between Japan’s B-SAT and SSL.
News categories: Arianespace, Intelsat, B-SAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
BSAT-4a delivered to Arianespace launch base
Aug 8, 2017 – Space Systems Loral (SSL) has announced that the BSAT-4a satellite has arrived at the European Spaceport in Kourou, French Guiana, from where it will be launched. The satellite will be used for DTH television service in Japan.
News categories: Space Systems Loral, B-SAT, Paul Estey, Takashi Yabashi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
OSN sets stage for Ultra HD services
Mar 8, 2016 – OSN is ramping up capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B. Additional capacity at the Middle East TV neighbourhood will support more expansion for OSN, including new High Definition channels and the introduction of Ultra HD services.
News categories: Eutelsat, OSN, Michel Azibert, Mark Billinge, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Middle-East, Satellite
SSL to provide UHD-capable satellite to B-SAT in Japan
Jun 18, 2015 – Space Systems/Loral (SSL) has announced that it was selected to provide a broadcasting satellite to B-SAT of Japan. The satellite, BSAT-4a, will expand the availability of advanced TV services such as HD and 4K/8K ultra-high definition.
News categories: Space Systems/Loral, B-SAT, John Celli, Takashi Yabashi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
BSAT-3b Satellite Begins Service for Broadcasting Satellite System Corporation of Japan
Dec 8, 2010 – The BSAT-3b broadcasting satellite, designed and built by Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) B-SAT of Japan, is now operational following successful on-orbit deployment and checkout of all spacecraft systems.
News categories: B-SAT, Lockheed Martin, Japan, Satellite
Lockheed Martin Marks 33rd Consecutive A2100 Success With The Launch Of BSAT-3a Satellite
Aug 14, 2007 – The BSAT-3a telecommunications satellite, designed and built by Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] for the Broadcasting Satellite System Corporation (B-SAT), was successfully has been launched from Kourou, French Guiana.
News categories: Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024