Digital TV News: B-SAT
Arianespace wins contract for BSAT-4b
Apr 19, 2018 – Arianespace has announced that it will launch BSAT-4b, under the term of a turnkey contract between B-SAT and Maxar’s SSL. BSAT-4b will be launched by an Ariane 5 in 2020 from the Guiana Space Center.
News categories: Arianespace, Stéphane Israël, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
NEOTION to show satellite OTT gateway at MWC 2018
Feb 22, 2018 – NEOTION is showcasing a new product that delivers an OTT experience, broadcast by satellite, to consumers on their mobile devices. The NEOTION Gateway supports up to 50 channels with up to 50 viewers watching each one.
News categories: NEOTION, Lionel BOISSIER, Gateway, Mobile, MWC20, Satellite, Worldwide
Ariane 5 orbits Intelsat 37e and BSAT-4a satellites
Sep 29, 2017 – Arianespace has orbited telecommunications satellites for its long-time customers. The mission carried Intelsat 37e for Intelsat, along with BSAT-4a which was launched as part of a turnkey contract between Japan’s B-SAT and SSL.
News categories: Arianespace, Intelsat, B-SAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
BSAT-4a delivered to Arianespace launch base
Aug 8, 2017 – Space Systems Loral (SSL) has announced that the BSAT-4a satellite has arrived at the European Spaceport in Kourou, French Guiana, from where it will be launched. The satellite will be used for DTH television service in Japan.
News categories: Space Systems Loral, B-SAT, Paul Estey, Takashi Yabashi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
OSN sets stage for Ultra HD services
Mar 8, 2016 – OSN is ramping up capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B. Additional capacity at the Middle East TV neighbourhood will support more expansion for OSN, including new High Definition channels and the introduction of Ultra HD services.
News categories: Eutelsat, OSN, Michel Azibert, Mark Billinge, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Middle-East, Satellite
SSL to provide UHD-capable satellite to B-SAT in Japan
Jun 18, 2015 – Space Systems/Loral (SSL) has announced that it was selected to provide a broadcasting satellite to B-SAT of Japan. The satellite, BSAT-4a, will expand the availability of advanced TV services such as HD and 4K/8K ultra-high definition.
News categories: Space Systems/Loral, B-SAT, John Celli, Takashi Yabashi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
BSAT-3b Satellite Begins Service for Broadcasting Satellite System Corporation of Japan
Dec 8, 2010 – The BSAT-3b broadcasting satellite, designed and built by Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) B-SAT of Japan, is now operational following successful on-orbit deployment and checkout of all spacecraft systems.
News categories: B-SAT, Lockheed Martin, Japan, Satellite
Lockheed Martin Marks 33rd Consecutive A2100 Success With The Launch Of BSAT-3a Satellite
Aug 14, 2007 – The BSAT-3a telecommunications satellite, designed and built by Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] for the Broadcasting Satellite System Corporation (B-SAT), was successfully has been launched from Kourou, French Guiana.
News categories: Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019