Digital TV News: B-SAT
Arianespace wins contract for BSAT-4b
Apr 19, 2018 – Arianespace has announced that it will launch BSAT-4b, under the term of a turnkey contract between B-SAT and Maxar’s SSL. BSAT-4b will be launched by an Ariane 5 in 2020 from the Guiana Space Center.
News categories: Arianespace, Stéphane Israël, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
NEOTION to show satellite OTT gateway at MWC 2018
Feb 22, 2018 – NEOTION is showcasing a new product that delivers an OTT experience, broadcast by satellite, to consumers on their mobile devices. The NEOTION Gateway supports up to 50 channels with up to 50 viewers watching each one.
News categories: NEOTION, Lionel BOISSIER, Gateway, Mobile, MWC19, Satellite, Worldwide
Ariane 5 orbits Intelsat 37e and BSAT-4a satellites
Sep 29, 2017 – Arianespace has orbited telecommunications satellites for its long-time customers. The mission carried Intelsat 37e for Intelsat, along with BSAT-4a which was launched as part of a turnkey contract between Japan’s B-SAT and SSL.
News categories: Arianespace, Intelsat, B-SAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
BSAT-4a delivered to Arianespace launch base
Aug 8, 2017 – Space Systems Loral (SSL) has announced that the BSAT-4a satellite has arrived at the European Spaceport in Kourou, French Guiana, from where it will be launched. The satellite will be used for DTH television service in Japan.
News categories: Space Systems Loral, B-SAT, Paul Estey, Takashi Yabashi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
OSN sets stage for Ultra HD services
Mar 8, 2016 – OSN is ramping up capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B. Additional capacity at the Middle East TV neighbourhood will support more expansion for OSN, including new High Definition channels and the introduction of Ultra HD services.
News categories: Eutelsat, OSN, Michel Azibert, Mark Billinge, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Middle-East, Satellite
SSL to provide UHD-capable satellite to B-SAT in Japan
Jun 18, 2015 – Space Systems/Loral (SSL) has announced that it was selected to provide a broadcasting satellite to B-SAT of Japan. The satellite, BSAT-4a, will expand the availability of advanced TV services such as HD and 4K/8K ultra-high definition.
News categories: Space Systems/Loral, B-SAT, John Celli, Takashi Yabashi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
BSAT-3b Satellite Begins Service for Broadcasting Satellite System Corporation of Japan
Dec 8, 2010 – The BSAT-3b broadcasting satellite, designed and built by Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) B-SAT of Japan, is now operational following successful on-orbit deployment and checkout of all spacecraft systems.
News categories: B-SAT, Lockheed Martin, Japan, Satellite
Lockheed Martin Marks 33rd Consecutive A2100 Success With The Launch Of BSAT-3a Satellite
Aug 14, 2007 – The BSAT-3a telecommunications satellite, designed and built by Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] for the Broadcasting Satellite System Corporation (B-SAT), was successfully has been launched from Kourou, French Guiana.
News categories: Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan