Digital TV News: BARB
ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
Jul 19, 2019 – ITV and the BBC plan to launch BritBox in the UK in the fourth quarter of this year. BritBox will be full of the UK's favourite programmes and the home of the largest collection of British boxsets. BritBox is also commissioning a range of original series.
News categories: BBC, ITV, Carolyn McCall, Tony Hall, Digital TV, OTT, UK
BARB commissions Kantar Focal Meter for UK TV audience measurement
Jun 11, 2019 – BARB has commissioned Kantar to roll out its Focal Meter to measure viewing across four screens (TV, smartphone, tablet and PC) of IP-delivered video content. This complements Kantar's People Meter which currently measures linear and time-shifted content viewed on TV Sets.
News categories: Kantar, BARB, Richard Poustie, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, UK
WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
May 15, 2019 – WMYD (NASDAQ: SSP) plans to launch Next-Gen TV in Detroit in a collaborative effort that will also involve Graham Media and other local broadcasters. The launch provides an opportunity for the automotive industry to have an in-market test bed for the new platform.
News categories: Scripps, Graham Media, Pearl TV, Brian Lawlor, Emily L. Barr, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
Sky adopts NBCUniversal's CFlight for ad measurement
May 1, 2019 – Sky and NBCUniversal have announced the global expansion of CFlight, with Sky adopting the metric across all of Sky Media’s content and platforms. CFlight captures live, on-demand and time-shifted commercial impressions on every viewing platform.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Sky, Kavita Vazirani, John Litster, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, UK
Build-out plans announced for Next-Gen TV in top 40 U.S. TV markets
Apr 8, 2019 – At the 2019 NAB Show, a broad coalition of broadcast television station groups announced plans to deploy Next-Gen TV in the 40 largest U.S. TV markets by the end of 2020. The market-driven effort builds on the testing and rollouts that have already taken place.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
BARB issues invitation to tender for major research contracts
Apr 4, 2019 – BARB, the UK TV audience measurement currency, has issued an invitation to tender for two of its main research contracts. The invitation comes as BARB prepares for the challenge of keeping pace with continuing changes in how people watch television.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
Simplestream integrates BARB audience measurement for the UK
Mar 26, 2019 – Simplestream has announced that it has integrated BARB’s Dovetail audience measurement across its delivery platforms. This enables participating broadcasters and operators to more accurately measure reach across multiple devices.
News categories: Simplestream, BARB, Dan Finch, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK
BBC and ITV confirm streaming service discussions
Feb 27, 2019 – The BBC and ITV are in talks about launching a streaming service for UK audiences, to be called BritBox. BritBox would provide British boxsets and original series, on demand. The BBC and ITV anticipate that other partners will be added to BritBox.
News categories: BBC, ITV, Tony Hall, Carolyn McCall, Digital TV, OTT, UK
GroupM shares insights on the future of TV and digital video
Nov 1, 2018 – GroupM has released its second annual ‘State of Video’ report offering intelligence on consumer video consumption, advertising platforms and demand. It provides in-depth commentary on key trends concerning advertisers.
News categories: GroupM, Adam Smith, Rob Norman, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware