Digital TV News: BARB
AudienceProject launches first individually-based addressable TV measurement
Sep 27, 2018 – AudienceProject is launching an Addressable TV measurement solution, based on individual data rather than modelled data. The solution enables true cross-device campaign evaluation at an individual level on connected devices.
News categories: AudienceProject, Finecast, Martyn Bentley, Rich Astley, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
AT&T launches new advertising company, Xandr
Sep 25, 2018 – AT&T has announced the launch of Xandr, its new advertising company. Xandr encompasses all aspects of the existing AT&T advertising and analytics businesses, including AT&T’s advanced TV business, AT&T AdWorks; AT&T’s data and analytics business; ATT.net and AppNexus.
News categories: AT&T, Xandr, Brian Lesser, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Integral Ad Science and FreeWheel partner to measure video inventory
Jul 31, 2018 – Integral Ad Science (IAS) has announces a partnership with FreeWheel’s ad management platform that allows publishers to measure the quality of their digital video for viewability, brand safety, and fraud.
News categories: Integral Ad Science, FreeWheel, Nick Morley, Thomas Bremond, Philippe Boscher, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
UK: TV streaming services overtake pay TV for first time
Jul 18, 2018 – The number of UK subscriptions to television streaming services like Netflix has overtaken those to traditional pay television for the first time. The findings are part of Ofcom’s Media Nations report, a study of major trends in the UK’s television, radio and audio sectors.
News categories: Ofcom, Sharon White, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Freeview only major UK broadcast platform growing its viewer base
Jun 28, 2018 – Freeview is the only major UK broadcast platform which is growing its viewer base, according to Digital UK’s annual update. The report highlights progress in Digital UK’s role leading development of Freeview which remains the UK’s most widely watched television service.
News categories: Digital UK, Freeview, Jonathan Thompson, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
UK's Freeview Play platform to receive £125 million investment
Jun 11, 2018 – The UK’s top broadcast companies have signed an agreement to accelerate Freeview’s transition to a fully hybrid platform. The collaboration will see an investment of £125 million to build on the success of Freeview Play, the UK market leader in free-to-view connected TV.
News categories: Digital UK, Jonathan Thompson, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Broadband Forum brings IoT home with new USP standard
Apr 17, 2018 – The Broadband Forum has published its User Services Platform (USP) – a new standard for implementing, deploying and managing all types of devices in the broadband home.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Barbara Stark, Robin Mersh, John Blackford, Jason Walls, Digital TV, Gateway, Smart Home, Worldwide
SportsFix partners with Twitter to stream Boost SportsFix Super Cup
Jan 10, 2018 – Twitter has announced a partnership with SportsFix, ASEAN's first and only OTT platform that delivers LIVE and VOD sports content via mobile devices, to live stream the inaugural Boost SportsFix Super Cup (@SportsFixTV).
News categories: SportsFix, Twitter, Carl Kirchhoff, Maurizio Barbieri, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Social TV, Worldwide
BARB publishes report charting growth of SVOD in the UK
Jan 9, 2018 – BARB has published a white paper, The SVOD Report: Charting the growth in SVOD services across the UK. Their panel data show that unmatched viewing (viewing 28 days+ after broadcast and non-broadcast viewing), which includes SVOD activity, is increasing.
News categories: BARB, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV