Digital TV News: BARB
GroupM shares insights on the future of TV and digital video
Nov 1, 2018 – GroupM has released its second annual ‘State of Video’ report offering intelligence on consumer video consumption, advertising platforms and demand. It provides in-depth commentary on key trends concerning advertisers.
News categories: GroupM, Adam Smith, Rob Norman, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
AudienceProject launches first individually-based addressable TV measurement
Sep 27, 2018 – AudienceProject is launching an Addressable TV measurement solution, based on individual data rather than modelled data. The solution enables true cross-device campaign evaluation at an individual level on connected devices.
News categories: AudienceProject, Finecast, Martyn Bentley, Rich Astley, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
AT&T launches new advertising company, Xandr
Sep 25, 2018 – AT&T has announced the launch of Xandr, its new advertising company. Xandr encompasses all aspects of the existing AT&T advertising and analytics businesses, including AT&T’s advanced TV business, AT&T AdWorks; AT&T’s data and analytics business; ATT.net and AppNexus.
News categories: AT&T, Xandr, Brian Lesser, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Integral Ad Science and FreeWheel partner to measure video inventory
Jul 31, 2018 – Integral Ad Science (IAS) has announces a partnership with FreeWheel’s ad management platform that allows publishers to measure the quality of their digital video for viewability, brand safety, and fraud.
News categories: Integral Ad Science, FreeWheel, Nick Morley, Thomas Bremond, Philippe Boscher, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
UK: TV streaming services overtake pay TV for first time
Jul 18, 2018 – The number of UK subscriptions to television streaming services like Netflix has overtaken those to traditional pay television for the first time. The findings are part of Ofcom’s Media Nations report, a study of major trends in the UK’s television, radio and audio sectors.
News categories: Ofcom, Sharon White, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Freeview only major UK broadcast platform growing its viewer base
Jun 28, 2018 – Freeview is the only major UK broadcast platform which is growing its viewer base, according to Digital UK’s annual update. The report highlights progress in Digital UK’s role leading development of Freeview which remains the UK’s most widely watched television service.
News categories: Digital UK, Freeview, Jonathan Thompson, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
UK's Freeview Play platform to receive £125 million investment
Jun 11, 2018 – The UK’s top broadcast companies have signed an agreement to accelerate Freeview’s transition to a fully hybrid platform. The collaboration will see an investment of £125 million to build on the success of Freeview Play, the UK market leader in free-to-view connected TV.
News categories: Digital UK, Jonathan Thompson, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Broadband Forum brings IoT home with new USP standard
Apr 17, 2018 – The Broadband Forum has published its User Services Platform (USP) – a new standard for implementing, deploying and managing all types of devices in the broadband home.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Barbara Stark, Robin Mersh, John Blackford, Jason Walls, Digital TV, Gateway, Smart Home, Worldwide
SportsFix partners with Twitter to stream Boost SportsFix Super Cup
Jan 10, 2018 – Twitter has announced a partnership with SportsFix, ASEAN's first and only OTT platform that delivers LIVE and VOD sports content via mobile devices, to live stream the inaugural Boost SportsFix Super Cup (@SportsFixTV).
News categories: SportsFix, Twitter, Carl Kirchhoff, Maurizio Barbieri, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Social TV, Worldwide
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service