Digital TV News: BARB
Build-out plans announced for Next-Gen TV in top 40 U.S. TV markets
Apr 8, 2019 – At the 2019 NAB Show, a broad coalition of broadcast television station groups announced plans to deploy Next-Gen TV in the 40 largest U.S. TV markets by the end of 2020. The market-driven effort builds on the testing and rollouts that have already taken place.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
BARB issues invitation to tender for major research contracts
Apr 4, 2019 – BARB, the UK TV audience measurement currency, has issued an invitation to tender for two of its main research contracts. The invitation comes as BARB prepares for the challenge of keeping pace with continuing changes in how people watch television.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
Simplestream integrates BARB audience measurement for the UK
Mar 26, 2019 – Simplestream has announced that it has integrated BARB’s Dovetail audience measurement across its delivery platforms. This enables participating broadcasters and operators to more accurately measure reach across multiple devices.
News categories: Simplestream, BARB, Dan Finch, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK
BBC and ITV confirm streaming service discussions
Feb 27, 2019 – The BBC and ITV are in talks about launching a streaming service for UK audiences, to be called BritBox. BritBox would provide British boxsets and original series, on demand. The BBC and ITV anticipate that other partners will be added to BritBox.
News categories: BBC, ITV, Tony Hall, Carolyn McCall, Digital TV, OTT, UK
GroupM shares insights on the future of TV and digital video
Nov 1, 2018 – GroupM has released its second annual ‘State of Video’ report offering intelligence on consumer video consumption, advertising platforms and demand. It provides in-depth commentary on key trends concerning advertisers.
News categories: GroupM, Adam Smith, Rob Norman, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
AudienceProject launches first individually-based addressable TV measurement
Sep 27, 2018 – AudienceProject is launching an Addressable TV measurement solution, based on individual data rather than modelled data. The solution enables true cross-device campaign evaluation at an individual level on connected devices.
News categories: AudienceProject, Finecast, Martyn Bentley, Rich Astley, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
AT&T launches new advertising company, Xandr
Sep 25, 2018 – AT&T has announced the launch of Xandr, its new advertising company. Xandr encompasses all aspects of the existing AT&T advertising and analytics businesses, including AT&T’s advanced TV business, AT&T AdWorks; AT&T’s data and analytics business; ATT.net and AppNexus.
News categories: AT&T, Xandr, Brian Lesser, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Integral Ad Science and FreeWheel partner to measure video inventory
Jul 31, 2018 – Integral Ad Science (IAS) has announces a partnership with FreeWheel’s ad management platform that allows publishers to measure the quality of their digital video for viewability, brand safety, and fraud.
News categories: Integral Ad Science, FreeWheel, Nick Morley, Thomas Bremond, Philippe Boscher, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
UK: TV streaming services overtake pay TV for first time
Jul 18, 2018 – The number of UK subscriptions to television streaming services like Netflix has overtaken those to traditional pay television for the first time. The findings are part of Ofcom’s Media Nations report, a study of major trends in the UK’s television, radio and audio sectors.
News categories: Ofcom, Sharon White, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers