Digital TV News: BARC India
India launches premium homes viewership measurement
Jun 30, 2019 – BARC India has announced the launch of 'PrimaVU' aimed at measuring viewership from premium homes. With PrimaVU, BARC India introduces the concept of 'Viewing Minutes', the sum of all individuals watching an event and the time spent by each.
News categories: BARC India, Partho Dasgupta, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India
Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
May 15, 2019 – Media measurement bodies, BARC (India), Médiamétrie (France), Numeris (Canada) and Video Research (Japan) have announced that they will collaborate on future audience measurement initiatives including the development of common technical standards and operational processes.
News categories: BARC India, Médiamétrie, Numeris, Video Research, Partho Dasgupta, Bruno Chetaille, Neil McEneaney, Yuzuru Kato, Brad Bedford, Advertising, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, France, India, Japan
BARC India to integrate TV and Out of Home TV viewership
Mar 25, 2019 – BARC India has added another offering to its suite of insight products. Starting this year, BARC India will be integrating TV and Out of Home TV viewership in its BARC India Media Workstation (BMW) software.
News categories: BARC India, Partho Dasgupta, Advertising, Big Data, India
BARC India collaborates with IITs on TV audience measurement innovation
Dec 27, 2018 – In a bid to seek solutions to better meet the needs of TV audience measurement, BARC India has partnered with the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). IITs across the country were asked to suggest new ways of measuring TV viewing habits of 836 million TV owning individuals.
News categories: BARC India, Romil Ramgarhia, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Market Research
BARC India releases Broadcast India 2018 survey
Jul 26, 2018 – BARC India has released findings from its Broadcast India (BI) 2018 Survey. According to the survey, India currently has 298 million homes, of which 197 million have a TV set, providing an opportunity for almost 100 million more TV homes in the country.
News categories: BARC India, Partho Dasgupta, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
BARC India partners with Airtel Digital TV for Return Path Data
Mar 7, 2018 – BARC India has tied up with Airtel Digital TV to include its subscriber homes in the BARC India Return Path Data (RPD) Panel. This partnership will provide fillip to BARC India’s plan of scaling up panel homes to multiples of the mandated 50,000.
News categories: BARC India, Airtel, Romil Ramgarhia, Sunil Taldar, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
BARC India to measure TV viewing using DEN Networks return path data
Oct 13, 2017 – TV viewership measurement in India is set to get a boost. BARC India has partnered with cable distribution giant DEN Networks for measuring TV viewership using Return Path Data (RPD) via its digital set top boxes (STBs).
News categories: BARC India, DEN Networks, Romil Ramgarhia, SN Sharma, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Set Top Box
BARC India partners with Nielsen for video measurement
Jul 4, 2017 – After announcing that its video measurement products will be made available under the EKAM brand, BARC India has appointed Nielsen India as its primary digital measurement partner. Nielsen will fuse its global experience with adaptations to meet the unique needs of the Indian market.
News categories: BARC India, Nielsen, Partho Dasgupta, Steve Hasker, Prasun Basu, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India
BARC India to roll out measurement platform for TV and Digital
Apr 10, 2017 – BARC India has announced the roll-out of its digital measurement service under the brand name EKAM. BARC India aims to provide the advertising industry with a single platform for all measurement products, across TV and Digital.
News categories: BARC India, Partho Dasgupta, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Market Research
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform