Digital TV News: BBC Studios
Discovery and BBC Studios planning global streaming service
Apr 1, 2019 – Discovery and BBC Studios have announced a series of agreements, with a content partnership spanning a library of factual series to power a new global streaming service, and a bespoke development deal for BBC Studios’ documentaries.
News categories: BBC Studios, Discovery, Inc, Tony Hall, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, Worldwide
BritBox surpasses half a million subscribers
Jan 17, 2019 – BritBox, the SVOD streaming service from BBC Studios, has announced that it is celebrating half million (500,000) subscribers, doubling year-on-year, as it ends its 22nd month in the U.S. and 11th month in Canada.
News categories: BritBox, BBC Studios, ITV, Soumya Sriraman, Ann Sarnoff, Martin Goswami, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA
Brightcove and Evergent provide TV-everywhere integration for BBC Player
Sep 14, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) and Evergent have announced their engagement with BBC Studios, enabling the company to seamlessly integrate and authenticate its BBC Player products with telecommunications providers globally.
News categories: Brightcove, Evergent, BBC Studios, Mark Blair, Vijay Sajja, Shad Hashmi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Gibtelecom launches Sofi TV service with Netgem
Jun 4, 2018 – Gibtelecom has announced the launch of Sofi – its digital entertainment service. Sofi will be available on home TVs via an advanced set-top box. Gibtelecom has partnered with Netgem to develop the platform.
News categories: Gibtelecom, Netgem, Lianne Azzopardi, Adrian Moreno, Sylvain Thevenot, Digital TV, Gibraltar, IPTV, Set Top Box
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Quarter of European OTT platforms export outside country of origin
Nov 15, 2017 – Research from TVT Media shows the UK is at the epicentre of the explosion in over-the-top (OTT) video on demand (VOD) services across the European Union and Turkey, as 82 of its 226 OTT platforms – double any other EU nation – are VOD services targeted outside the UK.
News categories: TVT Media, Ian Brotherston, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT
Time Warner to develop and produce Shows for Snapchat
Jun 19, 2017 – Time Warner and Snap have announced a global partnership to invest in content and ads. As part of the deal, Time Warner will develop and produce Shows for Snapchat from across its networks and entertainment companies.
News categories: Time Warner, Snap Inc, Gary Ginsberg, Nick Bell, Digital TV, Worldwide
Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment formed to reduce online piracy
Jun 13, 2017 – Thirty content creators and on-demand entertainment companies from around the world have launched the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE), a global coalition dedicated to protecting the legal market for creative content and reducing online piracy.
News categories: Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
ABC selects BuyDRM multi-DRM for iview on-demand and catch up TV
May 16, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation is now using their KeyOS MultiKey Service for their VOD and catchup service iview. Using KeyOS, iview will be able to deliver DASH, HLS and MSS encoded content using industry-leading DRMs.
News categories: BuyDRM, Australian Broadcasting Corp, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- Rostelecom pay TV subscribers up 3% YoY in 1Q 2019
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV