Digital TV News: BIA
Synamedia and AWS accelerate end-to-end cloud TV deployments
Jun 8, 2020 – Synamedia is collaborating with AWS to accelerate the adoption of cloud TV services. With the partnership, video service providers can combine Synamedia’s Infinite cloud TV platform and AWS's reliability and cloud elasticity.
News categories: Synamedia, AWS, Nick Thexton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Malaysia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Worldwide
Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free
May 20, 2020 – Tru Optik is making its OTT campaign-measurement service available for free. Tru Optik’s Cross-Screen Audience Validation (CAV) is purpose-built to deliver unbiased real-time OTT campaign measurement.
News categories: Tru Optik, Andre Swanston, David Wiesenfeld, Advertising, Big Data, OTT, USA
SpotX teams up with Pluto TV for Latin America
May 13, 2020 – SpotX has announced a partnership with Pluto TV. As part of the collaboration, SpotX will be a programmatic partner working with Pluto TV to power the video monetization of its content across several countries in Latin America.
News categories: SpotX, Pluto TV, Ryan Kenney, Felipe Cortelezzi, Advertising, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT
Minerva and Pontis Technologies unveil white-label Cloud TV offering
May 8, 2020 – Pontis Technologies has unveiled a white label cloud-based television service for Latin American operators. Built on Minerva's service management platform, the product offers a full range of television functionalities.
News categories: Minerva, Pontis Technologies, Randy Osborne, Leonardo Gioino, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT
Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
Mar 31, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that Roku OS 9.3 will start rolling out to Roku devices. The update offers enhanced help via Roku Voice for consumers to get to content quickly, improves overall performance and adds new customization options and more.
News categories: Roku, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Recession to cut Latin America pay TV subscribers by 5 million
Mar 9, 2020 – The Latin American pay TV sector has been hit by the recession. The number of pay TV subscribers fell by 4 million in 2019. Digital TV Research forecasts 67 million pay TV subscribers by 2025 – down from 72 million in the peak year of 2017.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Subscribers
Nordija and VGL team up for Andina Link 2020
Feb 27, 2020 – Nordija and VGL, a local system integrator from Chile, have joined forces for the Andina Link Conference 2020 in Colombia to present a complete end-to-end IPTV/OTT platform, aiming to meet the current needs and requirements of the LATAM market.
News categories: Nordija, VGL, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, UX
Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
Feb 18, 2020 – Kantar has announced an agreement with the Ministry of Information Technology and Communications of Colombia (MINTIC) to measure digital audiences of eight regional TV channels: Señal Colombia, Canal Trece, Canal Capital, Teleantioquia, Telecafé, Telecaribe, Telepacífico and Canal TRO.
News categories: Kantar, MINTIC, Carolina Ibargüen, Ivan Antonio Mantilla Gaviria, Advertising, Big Data, Colombia, Digital TV
WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video
Feb 6, 2020 – Minerva Networks and Com Net Inc (CNI) have approved WISI for customer installations within their cloud video service Minerva YourTV Now. WISI’s Inca ABR transcoder provides telco and cable operators with cost and space savings.
News categories: Com Net Inc, WISI, Minerva Networks, Randy Plaisier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs