Digital TV News: Balan Nair
Liberty Latin America to acquire controlling stake in UTS
Mar 26, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA, LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has agreed to acquire 87.5% of United Telecommunication Services (UTS), which provides fixed and mobile services to the island nations of Curaçao, St. Maarten, St. Martin, Bonaire, St. Barths, St. Eustatius and Saba.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, United Telecommunication Services, Balan Nair, Broadband, Caribbean, MnA, Mobile
Liberty Latin America acquires remaining 40% of Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico
Oct 17, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced that it has acquired the remaining 40% stake in Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico from funds affiliated with Searchlight Capital Partners.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Searchlight Capital Partners, Liberty Puerto Rico, Balan Nair, Eric Zinterhofer, Naji Khoury, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Puerto Rico
Liberty Latin America completes acquisition of Cabletica
Oct 1, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA, LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has completed its acquisition of an 80% stake in Cabletica, a leading Costa Rican cable operator, from Televisora who retain a remaining 20% interest.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Televisora, Cabletica, Balan Nair, René Picado, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Digital TV, MnA
Liberty Latin America to buy 80% of Costa Rica's Cabletica
Feb 12, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA and LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire 80% of Costa Rican cable operator, Cabletica, which is part of Televisora de Costa Rica.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Televisora, Balan Nair, René Picado, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Digital TV, MnA
Liberty Latin America completes split-off from Liberty Global
Jan 2, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA) (NASDAQ:LILAK) (OTC Link:LILAB) has announced the completion of its previously announced split-off from Liberty Global and its launch as an independent, publicly-traded company.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Liberty Global, Balan Nair, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Digital TV, Latin America, MnA, Puerto Rico, Seychelles
Liberty Global and CableLabs join MulteFire Alliance
Sep 21, 2016 – Liberty Global and CableLabs have announced that they have joined the MulteFire Alliance, an independent, diverse and international member-driven consortium dedicated to developing next-generation wireless technology.
News categories: MulteFire Alliance, Liberty Global, CableLabs, Mazen Chmaytelli, Balan Nair, Ralph Brown, Rob Alderfer, 5G, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart Home, Worldwide
Liberty Global and Comcast to use STB browser enhancements from Metrological
Sep 10, 2015 – Metrological has announced that Liberty Global and Comcast will use Metrological-created, open-source browser enhancements to improve their ability to support enhanced Internet Protocol (IP) browser-based services and applications for set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Metrological, Liberty Global, Comcast, RDK Management, Albert Dahan, Balan Nair, Sree Kotay, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, RDK, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Liberty Global joins RDK venture
Mar 13, 2014 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) and RDK Management have announced the strategic addition of Liberty Global as a new member in the RDK joint venture.
News categories: RDK Management, Liberty Global, Balan Nair, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Licensing, RDK, USA
Liberty Global Deploys Horizon Platform with Enabling Technologies From NDS
Sep 8, 2012 – NDS (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced the deployment of its solutions as part of the Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) Horizon platform, initially deployed by Liberty Global's cable operation UPC in the Netherlands.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Liberty Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Netherlands
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019