Digital TV News: Balan Nair
Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
Nov 5, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA and LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced that it has sold its subsidiary Cable & Wireless Seychelles, to a consortium of local investors. In the transaction, Cable & Wireless Seychelles is valued at an enterprise value of $104 million.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Cable & Wireless Seychelles, Balan Nair, Charles Hammond, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Seychelles
Liberty LA to acquire AT&T's operations in Puerto Rico & the U.S. Virgin Islands
Oct 9, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA and LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire AT&T's wireless and wireline operations in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands in an all-cash transaction.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, AT&T, Balan Nair, Jose J. Davila, Caribbean, MnA, Mobile, Puerto Rico
Liberty Latin America to acquire controlling stake in UTS
Mar 26, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA, LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has agreed to acquire 87.5% of United Telecommunication Services (UTS), which provides fixed and mobile services to the island nations of Curaçao, St. Maarten, St. Martin, Bonaire, St. Barths, St. Eustatius and Saba.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, United Telecommunication Services, Balan Nair, Broadband, Caribbean, MnA, Mobile
Liberty Latin America acquires remaining 40% of Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico
Oct 17, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced that it has acquired the remaining 40% stake in Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico from funds affiliated with Searchlight Capital Partners.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Searchlight Capital Partners, Liberty Puerto Rico, Balan Nair, Eric Zinterhofer, Naji Khoury, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Puerto Rico
Liberty Latin America completes acquisition of Cabletica
Oct 1, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA, LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has completed its acquisition of an 80% stake in Cabletica, a leading Costa Rican cable operator, from Televisora who retain a remaining 20% interest.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Televisora, Cabletica, Balan Nair, René Picado, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Digital TV, MnA
Liberty Latin America to buy 80% of Costa Rica's Cabletica
Feb 12, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA and LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire 80% of Costa Rican cable operator, Cabletica, which is part of Televisora de Costa Rica.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Televisora, Balan Nair, René Picado, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Digital TV, MnA
Liberty Latin America completes split-off from Liberty Global
Jan 2, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA) (NASDAQ:LILAK) (OTC Link:LILAB) has announced the completion of its previously announced split-off from Liberty Global and its launch as an independent, publicly-traded company.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Liberty Global, Balan Nair, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Digital TV, Latin America, MnA, Puerto Rico, Seychelles
Liberty Global and CableLabs join MulteFire Alliance
Sep 21, 2016 – Liberty Global and CableLabs have announced that they have joined the MulteFire Alliance, an independent, diverse and international member-driven consortium dedicated to developing next-generation wireless technology.
News categories: MulteFire Alliance, Liberty Global, CableLabs, Mazen Chmaytelli, Balan Nair, Ralph Brown, Rob Alderfer, 5G, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart Home, Worldwide
Liberty Global and Comcast to use STB browser enhancements from Metrological
Sep 10, 2015 – Metrological has announced that Liberty Global and Comcast will use Metrological-created, open-source browser enhancements to improve their ability to support enhanced Internet Protocol (IP) browser-based services and applications for set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Metrological, Liberty Global, Comcast, RDK Management, Albert Dahan, Balan Nair, Sree Kotay, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, RDK, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
- VIZIO launches Direct Advertising business
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware