Digital TV News: Balan Nair
Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
Nov 5, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA and LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced that it has sold its subsidiary Cable & Wireless Seychelles, to a consortium of local investors. In the transaction, Cable & Wireless Seychelles is valued at an enterprise value of $104 million.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Cable & Wireless Seychelles, Balan Nair, Charles Hammond, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Seychelles
Liberty LA to acquire AT&T's operations in Puerto Rico & the U.S. Virgin Islands
Oct 9, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA and LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire AT&T's wireless and wireline operations in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands in an all-cash transaction.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, AT&T, Balan Nair, Jose J. Davila, Caribbean, MnA, Mobile, Puerto Rico
Liberty Latin America to acquire controlling stake in UTS
Mar 26, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA, LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has agreed to acquire 87.5% of United Telecommunication Services (UTS), which provides fixed and mobile services to the island nations of Curaçao, St. Maarten, St. Martin, Bonaire, St. Barths, St. Eustatius and Saba.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, United Telecommunication Services, Balan Nair, Broadband, Caribbean, MnA, Mobile
Liberty Latin America acquires remaining 40% of Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico
Oct 17, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced that it has acquired the remaining 40% stake in Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico from funds affiliated with Searchlight Capital Partners.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Searchlight Capital Partners, Liberty Puerto Rico, Balan Nair, Eric Zinterhofer, Naji Khoury, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Puerto Rico
Liberty Latin America completes acquisition of Cabletica
Oct 1, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA, LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has completed its acquisition of an 80% stake in Cabletica, a leading Costa Rican cable operator, from Televisora who retain a remaining 20% interest.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Televisora, Cabletica, Balan Nair, René Picado, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Digital TV, MnA
Liberty Latin America to buy 80% of Costa Rica's Cabletica
Feb 12, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA and LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire 80% of Costa Rican cable operator, Cabletica, which is part of Televisora de Costa Rica.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Televisora, Balan Nair, René Picado, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Digital TV, MnA
Liberty Latin America completes split-off from Liberty Global
Jan 2, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA) (NASDAQ:LILAK) (OTC Link:LILAB) has announced the completion of its previously announced split-off from Liberty Global and its launch as an independent, publicly-traded company.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Liberty Global, Balan Nair, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Digital TV, Latin America, MnA, Puerto Rico, Seychelles
Liberty Global and CableLabs join MulteFire Alliance
Sep 21, 2016 – Liberty Global and CableLabs have announced that they have joined the MulteFire Alliance, an independent, diverse and international member-driven consortium dedicated to developing next-generation wireless technology.
News categories: MulteFire Alliance, Liberty Global, CableLabs, Mazen Chmaytelli, Balan Nair, Ralph Brown, Rob Alderfer, 5G, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart Home, Worldwide
Liberty Global and Comcast to use STB browser enhancements from Metrological
Sep 10, 2015 – Metrological has announced that Liberty Global and Comcast will use Metrological-created, open-source browser enhancements to improve their ability to support enhanced Internet Protocol (IP) browser-based services and applications for set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Metrological, Liberty Global, Comcast, RDK Management, Albert Dahan, Balan Nair, Sree Kotay, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, RDK, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service