Digital TV News: Barbara Kraus
10% of U.S. broadband households have bought a streaming media device to date in 2014
Dec 2, 2014 – Parks Associates have announced updated streaming media device data showing that 10% of U.S. broadband households purchased one of these devices, either a streaming media player or stick, in the first three quarters of 2014.
News categories: Parks Associates, Barbara Kraus, CES, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
U.S. broadband households watch 17.4 hours of non-linear video per week
Oct 23, 2014 – Research from Parks Associates shows the average U.S. broadband household now watches more than 17 hours of non-linear video per week, compared to 11.5 hours of linear video. Non-linear video is already the majority of TV viewed by consumers aged 18-24.
News categories: Parks Associates, TiVo Inc, Barbara Kraus, Jim Denney, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
64% of U.S. broadband households have Internet-connected CE
Oct 21, 2014 – Parks Associates has found that 64% of U.S. broadband households have an Internet-connected CE and 55% have an OTT service subscription, an area poised for strong growth especially following HBO's announcement that it will launch a stand-alone HBO Go service.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Barbara Kraus, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Game console primary connected CE device for 28% of US homes
Sep 23, 2014 – Parks Associates has announced research that shows 46% of U.S. broadband households have a game console connected to the Internet and over one-quarter (28%) use the connected gaming console as their primary connected CE device.
News categories: Parks Associates, Barbara Kraus, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Seagate launches channel on Roku
Jul 23, 2014 – Seagate (NASDAQ:STX) has announced the addition of the capability to connect Seagate Central personal cloud storage or Seagate Wireless Plus to a Roku streaming player via the Seagate Media Channel app.
News categories: Seagate, Roku, Barbara Kraus, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Roku leads U.S. streaming media player market
Jul 9, 2014 – Parks Associates has announced a report showing that more than 25% of U.S. households will have a streaming media player by 2015, with continued robust sales and new entries such as Amazon Fire TV driving expansion of this connected CE category.
News categories: Parks Associates, Barbara Kraus, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
More US households use Roku than Apple TV or other streaming video media device
Aug 14, 2013 – Parks Associates has announced streaming media and connected TV research showing the number of U.S. broadband households with a streaming video media device, such as a Roku® or an Apple TV, has doubled since 2011, reaching 14% in 2013.
News categories: Parks Associates, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan