Digital TV News: Bart Spriester
Comcast Technology and DLVR partner to deliver QoE across any screen
Jan 17, 2018 – Comcast Technology Solutions has announced a partnership with DLVR. Comcast Technology Solutions is to provide the CDN, while DLVR offers real-time CDN switching and Quality of Experience (QoE) analytics.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, DLVR, Crunchyroll, Bart Spriester, Mike Gordon, Michael Dale, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, QoE, USA
SRT Alliance adds 22 new members
Jul 13, 2017 – The SRT Alliance, an open source initiative dedicated to overcoming the challenges of low latency video streaming, has announced that 22 new members have joined the initiative including Brightcove, Harmonic, Limelight and Perform Group.
News categories: SRT Alliance, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
Harmonic and Blue Man Group to show native UHD 360° VR at NABShow
Apr 21, 2017 – At the 2017 NAB Show, Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) will showcase innovations in 360-degree immersive virtual reality (VR) technology with a demonstration featuring prerecorded content of Blue Man Group.
News categories: Harmonic, Blue Man, Bart Spriester, Content Distribution, NABShow, USA, VR, Worldwide
Irdeto and Harmonic team up to support CSA3 scrambling
Jan 19, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that it is working with Harmonic to provide the world’s first integrated and proven Common Scrambling Algorithm v3 (CSA3) solution. This next-generation encryption technology enables pay TV operators to securely launch advanced formats like 4K UHD.
News categories: Irdeto, Harmonic, Steeve Huin, Bart Spriester, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca and Harmonic join forces on OTT SaaS and VR
Sep 6, 2016 – Viaccess-Orca and Harmonic have teamed up to bring two combined solutions to IBC2016. At the show, an end-to-end video software as a service (SaaS) for OTT applications, as well as a new multiview app for the virtual reality (VR) environment, will be shown.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Harmonic, Chem Assayag, Bart Spriester, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, VR, Worldwide
Harmonic to show virtual reality with UHD resolution at IBC 2016
Aug 23, 2016 – At IBC2016, Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) will showcase the industry's first native UHD virtual reality demonstration in collaboration with TNO. Powered by TNO's HEVC tiling technology, the demo will enable participants to enjoy an immersive VR experience on head-mounted devices.
News categories: Harmonic, TNO, Bart Spriester, Thierry Fautier, Digital TV, IBC2019, VR, Worldwide
Harmonic supports first live, on-air ATSC trial of Dolby AC-4
Jul 14, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that it recently played a key part in the world’s first live, on-air ATSC demo of Dolby AC-4, the new audio format that addresses the current and future needs of next-generation video and audio entertainment services including broadcast and Internet streaming.
News categories: Harmonic, Dolby, Bart Spriester, Giles Baker, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
- AR/VR IC market to grow to $7.75bn by 2026 at 23.3% CAGR
- 24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- US: 44% with a vMVPD switched from a traditional pay TV service
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing