Digital TV News: Bart Spriester
Comcast Technology and DLVR partner to deliver QoE across any screen
Jan 17, 2018 – Comcast Technology Solutions has announced a partnership with DLVR. Comcast Technology Solutions is to provide the CDN, while DLVR offers real-time CDN switching and Quality of Experience (QoE) analytics.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, DLVR, Crunchyroll, Bart Spriester, Mike Gordon, Michael Dale, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, QoE, USA
SRT Alliance adds 22 new members
Jul 13, 2017 – The SRT Alliance, an open source initiative dedicated to overcoming the challenges of low latency video streaming, has announced that 22 new members have joined the initiative including Brightcove, Harmonic, Limelight and Perform Group.
News categories: SRT Alliance, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
Harmonic and Blue Man Group to show native UHD 360° VR at NABShow
Apr 21, 2017 – At the 2017 NAB Show, Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) will showcase innovations in 360-degree immersive virtual reality (VR) technology with a demonstration featuring prerecorded content of Blue Man Group.
News categories: Harmonic, Blue Man, Bart Spriester, Content Distribution, NABShow, USA, VR, Worldwide
Irdeto and Harmonic team up to support CSA3 scrambling
Jan 19, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that it is working with Harmonic to provide the world’s first integrated and proven Common Scrambling Algorithm v3 (CSA3) solution. This next-generation encryption technology enables pay TV operators to securely launch advanced formats like 4K UHD.
News categories: Irdeto, Harmonic, Steeve Huin, Bart Spriester, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca and Harmonic join forces on OTT SaaS and VR
Sep 6, 2016 – Viaccess-Orca and Harmonic have teamed up to bring two combined solutions to IBC2016. At the show, an end-to-end video software as a service (SaaS) for OTT applications, as well as a new multiview app for the virtual reality (VR) environment, will be shown.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Harmonic, Chem Assayag, Bart Spriester, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, OTT, VR, Worldwide
Harmonic to show virtual reality with UHD resolution at IBC 2016
Aug 23, 2016 – At IBC2016, Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) will showcase the industry's first native UHD virtual reality demonstration in collaboration with TNO. Powered by TNO's HEVC tiling technology, the demo will enable participants to enjoy an immersive VR experience on head-mounted devices.
News categories: Harmonic, TNO, Bart Spriester, Thierry Fautier, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, VR, Worldwide
Harmonic supports first live, on-air ATSC trial of Dolby AC-4
Jul 14, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that it recently played a key part in the world’s first live, on-air ATSC demo of Dolby AC-4, the new audio format that addresses the current and future needs of next-generation video and audio entertainment services including broadcast and Internet streaming.
News categories: Harmonic, Dolby, Bart Spriester, Giles Baker, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0