Digital TV News: Beamr
Beamr shows live 8K HEVC software encoding on a single AMD EPYC processor
Sep 12, 2019 – Beamr has announced, with AMD (NASDAQ: AMD), that it has used Beamr 5, operating on a single socket AMD EPYC 7742 processor, to encode 79 frames per second in real-time at 8K resolution and with 10-bit color required for HDR.
News categories: Beamr, AMD, Eli Lubitch, Raghu Nambiar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Worldwide
CHILI CINEMA turns to Beamr Optimizer to reduce bitrate
Sep 12, 2017 – Beamr Imaging has announced that CHILI will be optimizing their entire video library using Beamr Optimizer for more than 1 million subscribers in the UK, Poland, Germany and Austria, in addition to its home country of Italy.
News categories: Beamr, CHILI, Eli Lubitch, Stefano Flamia, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2019, Italy, Poland, UK
Beamr upgrades HEVC content-adaptive software encoder
Apr 18, 2017 – Beamr Imaging has announces the commercial implementation of a quality driven content-adaptive HEVC software encoder, Beamr 5x. This product produces encodes that are up to 50% smaller than Beamr's HEVC software encoder, Beamr 5.
News categories: Beamr, Eli Lubitch, Dror Gill, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases caching requirements and QoE guidelines
May 12, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance (SVA) has released its Open Caching Systems Functional Requirements and QoE Industry Guidelines, which are the culmination of collaboration and input from the SVA Open Caching and Quality of Experience (QoE) Working Groups.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
M-GO adopts Beamr Video streaming bitrate reduction
Jan 5, 2015 – Beamr and M-GO have announced that M-GO is using Beamr Video for the company’s streaming service. Beamr Video automatically reduces the bitrate of any H.264 or HEVC HD and 4K video stream by up to 50% while retaining the perceptual quality and format of the original file.
News categories: Beamr, M-GO, Eli Lubitch, Samir Ahmed, CES2020, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, USA
Beamr Video cuts HEVC bitrate by 50%
Apr 3, 2014 – Beamr Video, a provider of video optimization technology, will demonstrate reduction of 4K HEVC bitrates by up to 50% with no visual quality loss at the NAB Show in Las Vegas.
News categories: Beamr, Sharon Carmel, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions