Digital TV News: Beamr
Encoding.com offers Beamr Content-Adaptive Bitrate service in the Cloud
Jun 8, 2020 – Encoding.com is to offer Beamr's Content-Adaptive Bitrate encoding technology to its customers. The service will be added to Encoding.com's suite of microservices for powering file-based VOD workflows in the cloud.
News categories: Encoding.com, Beamr, Greggory Heil, Eli Lubitch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Beamr shows live 8K HEVC software encoding on a single AMD EPYC processor
Sep 12, 2019 – Beamr has announced, with AMD (NASDAQ: AMD), that it has used Beamr 5, operating on a single socket AMD EPYC 7742 processor, to encode 79 frames per second in real-time at 8K resolution and with 10-bit color required for HDR.
News categories: Beamr, AMD, Eli Lubitch, Raghu Nambiar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, Semiconductor, Worldwide
CHILI CINEMA turns to Beamr Optimizer to reduce bitrate
Sep 12, 2017 – Beamr Imaging has announced that CHILI will be optimizing their entire video library using Beamr Optimizer for more than 1 million subscribers in the UK, Poland, Germany and Austria, in addition to its home country of Italy.
News categories: Beamr, CHILI, Eli Lubitch, Stefano Flamia, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2020, Italy, Poland, UK
Beamr upgrades HEVC content-adaptive software encoder
Apr 18, 2017 – Beamr Imaging has announces the commercial implementation of a quality driven content-adaptive HEVC software encoder, Beamr 5x. This product produces encodes that are up to 50% smaller than Beamr's HEVC software encoder, Beamr 5.
News categories: Beamr, Eli Lubitch, Dror Gill, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases caching requirements and QoE guidelines
May 12, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance (SVA) has released its Open Caching Systems Functional Requirements and QoE Industry Guidelines, which are the culmination of collaboration and input from the SVA Open Caching and Quality of Experience (QoE) Working Groups.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
M-GO adopts Beamr Video streaming bitrate reduction
Jan 5, 2015 – Beamr and M-GO have announced that M-GO is using Beamr Video for the company’s streaming service. Beamr Video automatically reduces the bitrate of any H.264 or HEVC HD and 4K video stream by up to 50% while retaining the perceptual quality and format of the original file.
News categories: Beamr, M-GO, Eli Lubitch, Samir Ahmed, CES2021, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, USA
Beamr Video cuts HEVC bitrate by 50%
Apr 3, 2014 – Beamr Video, a provider of video optimization technology, will demonstrate reduction of 4K HEVC bitrates by up to 50% with no visual quality loss at the NAB Show in Las Vegas.
News categories: Beamr, Sharon Carmel, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0