Digital TV News: Beeline
Russia's STB market to be flat at 2.5 million units in 2012
Dec 5, 2011 – According to a report from J'son & Partners commissioned by the European Audiovisual Observatory, the number of set-top boxes shipped this year in Russia will be 2.5 million, with no growth expected in 2012.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Motorola Mobility Extends IPTV Set-top Roll-out With VimpelCom
Sep 9, 2011 – Motorola Mobility (NYSE: MMI) has announced that VimpelCom (NYSE: VIP) has selected Motorola's advanced VIP22n2E series set-tops to expand their roll out of enhanced IPTV services to customers under its Beeline brand.
News categories: Motorola, VimpelCom, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Russia, Set Top Box
VimpelCom to trial IPTV in Kazakhstan
Jun 17, 2011 – VimpelCom (NYSE: VIP) has completed a tender for IPTV equipment for use in the Russian regions and CIS countries. ZTE (SEHK:0763; Shanghai:000063) has been approved and will be used for a commercial IPTV pilot in Kazakhstan later this year.
News categories: VimpelCom, ZTE, Beeline, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Russia
FTTH growth accelerates in Europe
Feb 24, 2010 – In 2009, growth in terms of subscribers and Homes/Buildings passed has accelerated in Europe. In EU36 (including Russia), there were nearly 3.5 million FTTH/B subscribers and more than 25 million Homes/Buildings Passed.
News categories: IDATE, FTTH Council, Broadband, Denmark, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, IPTV, Italy, Lithuania, Market Research, Middle-East, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden
Beeline IPTV launches in Kiev
Dec 16, 2009 – Beeline Ukraine (NYSE:VIP) has launched its 'Beeline TV' IPTV service in Kiev. Subscribers can watch up to 30 channels either on their PC or on a television via a set-top box from Amino.
News categories: Beeline, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Ukraine
Beeline launches Mobile TV in Moscow
Dec 7, 2009 – Vimpelcom (NYSE:VIP) has announced the launch of a trial DVB-H mobile TV service in Moscow under its Beeline brand. Beeline Mobile TV consists of 11 channels and is free of charge to users during the trial period.
News categories: Vimpelcom, Beeline, Digital TV, Mobile, Russia
Vimpelcom launches Beeline IPTV in Russia
May 12, 2009 – Vimpelcom (NYSE:VIP), owner of the Beeline brand, has commercially launched its 'Beeline TV' IPTV service in Russia. The service is based on the Microsoft Mediaroom (Nasdaq: MSFT) platform.
News categories: Vimpelcom, Beeline TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Russia, Set Top Box
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues