Digital TV News: Bell Labs
Nokia Spain becomes Gold Collaborator of 5TONIC Open 5G Lab
Jun 5, 2019 – Nokia Spain has become Gold Collaborator of the 5TONIC Open 5G Lab in Madrid. With Nokia Bell Labs it will work with Telefónica on the implementation of a testbed for Media & Entertainment use cases in the context of the European H2020 5G EVE project.
News categories: 5TONIC, Bell Labs, Telefónica, Arturo Azcorra, Alvaro Villegas, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain, UX
Nokia and France Télévisions show 8K UHD streaming over 5G
Sep 13, 2018 – Nokia and France Télévisions have showcased the results of a proof-of-concept demonstration of the world's first 8K Ultra High Definition (UHD) TV streaming in real conditions over 5G at IBC 2018.
News categories: Nokia, France Télévisions, Marc Rouanne, Bernard Fontaine, 5G, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Worldwide
G.fast set for nearly 29 million end users by 2021
Oct 17, 2016 – An Ovum report jointly commissioned by nbn and BT has predicted that new ultra-fast copper technology G.fast will be serving nearly 30 million subscriber homes and businesses around the world by 2021.
News categories: Ovum, nbn, Openreach, Matthew Howett, Dennis Steiger, Clive Selley, BBWF, Broadband, Market Research, Worldwide
Bell Labs opens video research facility in Cambridge, UK
Jul 17, 2014 – Bell Labs (Paris; NYSE: ALU) has opened a new 'antenna' office in Cambridge, UK tasked with research into real-time delivery of video to all types of connected devices, such as smartphones, games consoles, tablets, Smart TVs, and more.
News categories: Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent, Marcus Weldon, Bo Olofsson, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Games Console, IPTV, OTT, Smart TV, TV Everywhere, UK
Bell Labs and net mobile improve mobile video streaming reliability
Jun 17, 2014 – Bell Labs (Paris, NYSE: ALU) and net mobile (net-m) have reduced the probability of poor video streaming quality on the move with a new technology that can deliver a six-fold improvement over today’s streaming levels.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, net-m, Dieter Plassmann, Tod Sizer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, Worldwide
Alcatel-Lucent and China Mobile demonstrate first video conversation using 4G technology to connect locations in China and the United States
Aug 25, 2011 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris, NYSE: ALU) and China Mobile (NYSE: CHL; Hong Kong: 0941) have staged the first mobile broadband video call over a 4G LTE mobile network, to connect a fixed location and a car in Shanghai with Alcatel-Lucent offices in New Jersey.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, China Mobile, 5G, Mobile, OTT
Bell Labs achieves 300Mbps over just two traditional DSL lines
Apr 21, 2010 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that its research arm, Bell Labs, has successfully demonstrated a technology that boosts the transmission speeds achievable over just two digital subscriber lines (DSL).
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Broadband, Content Distribution, CPE, Digital TV
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019