Digital TV News: Bell Labs
Nokia Spain becomes Gold Collaborator of 5TONIC Open 5G Lab
Jun 5, 2019 – Nokia Spain has become Gold Collaborator of the 5TONIC Open 5G Lab in Madrid. With Nokia Bell Labs it will work with Telefónica on the implementation of a testbed for Media & Entertainment use cases in the context of the European H2020 5G EVE project.
News categories: 5TONIC, Bell Labs, Telefónica, Arturo Azcorra, Alvaro Villegas, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain, UX
Nokia and France Télévisions show 8K UHD streaming over 5G
Sep 13, 2018 – Nokia and France Télévisions have showcased the results of a proof-of-concept demonstration of the world's first 8K Ultra High Definition (UHD) TV streaming in real conditions over 5G at IBC 2018.
News categories: Nokia, France Télévisions, Marc Rouanne, Bernard Fontaine, 5G, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, OTT, Worldwide
G.fast set for nearly 29 million end users by 2021
Oct 17, 2016 – An Ovum report jointly commissioned by nbn and BT has predicted that new ultra-fast copper technology G.fast will be serving nearly 30 million subscriber homes and businesses around the world by 2021.
News categories: Ovum, nbn, Openreach, Matthew Howett, Dennis Steiger, Clive Selley, BBWF, Broadband, Market Research, Worldwide
Bell Labs opens video research facility in Cambridge, UK
Jul 17, 2014 – Bell Labs (Paris; NYSE: ALU) has opened a new 'antenna' office in Cambridge, UK tasked with research into real-time delivery of video to all types of connected devices, such as smartphones, games consoles, tablets, Smart TVs, and more.
News categories: Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent, Marcus Weldon, Bo Olofsson, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Gaming, IPTV, OTT, Smart TV, TV Everywhere, UK
Bell Labs and net mobile improve mobile video streaming reliability
Jun 17, 2014 – Bell Labs (Paris, NYSE: ALU) and net mobile (net-m) have reduced the probability of poor video streaming quality on the move with a new technology that can deliver a six-fold improvement over today’s streaming levels.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, net-m, Dieter Plassmann, Tod Sizer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, Worldwide
Alcatel-Lucent and China Mobile demonstrate first video conversation using 4G technology to connect locations in China and the United States
Aug 25, 2011 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris, NYSE: ALU) and China Mobile (NYSE: CHL; Hong Kong: 0941) have staged the first mobile broadband video call over a 4G LTE mobile network, to connect a fixed location and a car in Shanghai with Alcatel-Lucent offices in New Jersey.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, China Mobile, 5G, Mobile, OTT
Bell Labs achieves 300Mbps over just two traditional DSL lines
Apr 21, 2010 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that its research arm, Bell Labs, has successfully demonstrated a technology that boosts the transmission speeds achievable over just two digital subscriber lines (DSL).
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Broadband, Content Distribution, CPE, Digital TV
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- ÖFB launches OTT platform with StreamAMG
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement