Digital TV News: Bell Media
Bell Media and STARZ announce streaming service for Canada
Feb 7, 2019 – Bell Media and STARZ have announced the launch of a new STARZ channel and streaming service in Canada beginning Friday, March 1. The announcement comes as Crave confirms its subscriber base has grown to 2.3 million.
News categories: Starz, Bell Media, Tracey Pearce, Superna Kalle, Canada, Digital TV, OTT
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment formed to reduce online piracy
Jun 13, 2017 – Thirty content creators and on-demand entertainment companies from around the world have launched the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE), a global coalition dedicated to protecting the legal market for creative content and reducing online piracy.
News categories: Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
ABC selects BuyDRM multi-DRM for iview on-demand and catch up TV
May 16, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation is now using their KeyOS MultiKey Service for their VOD and catchup service iview. Using KeyOS, iview will be able to deliver DASH, HLS and MSS encoded content using industry-leading DRMs.
News categories: BuyDRM, Australian Broadcasting Corp, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
Bell Canada launches 500 channel live TV app
May 15, 2017 – Bell Canada has launched Fibe Alt TV, a new way to watch live and on-demand television. With no traditional TV subscription or set-top box required, Alt TV is accessed through the Fibe TV app and offers up to 500 channels.
News categories: Bell Canada, Wade Oosterman, Rizwan Jamal, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
Bell Fibe TV launches 4K Whole Home PVR in Canada
Jan 18, 2016 – Bell Canada has announced that Fibe TV customers in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa and Québec City can now purchase Bell's new 4K Whole Home PVR. The Fibe TV 4K Whole Home PVR is the smallest available on the market, has the largest recording capacity and is HDR-ready.
News categories: Bell Canada, Rizwan Jamal, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Bell becomes Canada's largest TV provider
Nov 4, 2015 – Bell has announced that the popularity of Fibe TV has made Bell TV the largest provider of television services in Canada for the first time, with more than 2.7 million TV customers across the country.
News categories: Bell Canada, George Cope, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Subscribers
Bell Media's CraveTV to Go OTT on January 1
Jul 13, 2015 – Bell Media has announced that its premium TV streaming service CraveTV will become available direct to all Canadian consumers with access to the internet on January 1, 2016. CraveTV is currently only available to subscribers of participating television providers.
News categories: Bell Media, Mary Ann Turcke, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
Canada's CraveTV available through four more TV providers
Mar 18, 2015 – Bell Media has announced that four additional television service providers are now carrying its television streaming service, CraveTV: Hay Communications, Mitchell Seaforth Cable TV, Tuckersmith Communications, and Wightman Telecom.
News categories: Bell Media, CraveTV, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box
- UK leads Europe's TV market into cord-cutting era
- Tremor Video DSP introduces Private Marketplace Packages
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 121,000 in 1Q 2019
- Tata Sky adds recommendations to mobile and desktop apps with ThinkAnalytics
- One-third of U.S. TV content viewers report owning an antenna
- Anevia selected by INEA for multi-screen TV on ADB's platform
- Videa to use Red Bee Media metadata in automated TV ad offering
- RCN chooses TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
- U.S. installed base of AR head-mounted devices to reach 6.5m units by 2025
- AT&T US down 627k; Vrio down 32k video subs in 1Q 2019
- TalkTalk TV STBs gain access to Amazon Prime
- M7 app integrated with Vestel-produced smart TVs
- INKA Entworks announces SPEKE API integration with AWS Elemental
- Digital conversion boosts Eastern European pay TV
- Airtel renews long-term partnership with Synamedia
- Astro partners with Synamedia for new video services
- Eros Now strikes distribution deal with TCL in India
- NAGRA and PT LinkNet extend content protection to hybrid Android TV service
- Majority of US homes to have a Smart Speaker next year
- IAB releases for comment specification to improve video advertising