Digital TV News: Bell Media
Canada's video entertainment spend expected to rebound in 2021
Jun 23, 2020 – Spending on video entertainment in Canada is expected to shrink by 6% this year, but will bounce back strongly in 2021, expanding by 11% to surpass the success of 2019, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, Canada, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research
Crave now available on Roku devices in Canada
Apr 8, 2020 – Bell Media has announced that Crave is available on all Roku streaming devices in Canada. Roku users now have access to programming from HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Hollywood-hit movies, as well as French-language TV and films from SUPER ÉCRAN.
News categories: Bell Media, Roku, Tracey Pearce, Arthur van Rest, Apps, Canada, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Bell Media to acquire V Network and Noovo.ca
Jul 24, 2019 – Bell Media has announced that it has entered into an agreement with the shareholders of Groupe V Média to acquire conventional network V along with related digital assets including the ad-supported VOD service Noovo.ca.
News categories: Bell Media, Groupe V Média, Karine Moses, Maxime Rémillard, Canada, Digital TV, MnA, OTT
Bell Media and STARZ announce streaming service for Canada
Feb 7, 2019 – Bell Media and STARZ have announced the launch of a new STARZ channel and streaming service in Canada beginning Friday, March 1. The announcement comes as Crave confirms its subscriber base has grown to 2.3 million.
News categories: Starz, Bell Media, Tracey Pearce, Superna Kalle, Canada, Digital TV, OTT
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment formed to reduce online piracy
Jun 13, 2017 – Thirty content creators and on-demand entertainment companies from around the world have launched the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE), a global coalition dedicated to protecting the legal market for creative content and reducing online piracy.
News categories: Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
ABC selects BuyDRM multi-DRM for iview on-demand and catch up TV
May 16, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation is now using their KeyOS MultiKey Service for their VOD and catchup service iview. Using KeyOS, iview will be able to deliver DASH, HLS and MSS encoded content using industry-leading DRMs.
News categories: BuyDRM, Australian Broadcasting Corp, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
Bell Canada launches 500 channel live TV app
May 15, 2017 – Bell Canada has launched Fibe Alt TV, a new way to watch live and on-demand television. With no traditional TV subscription or set-top box required, Alt TV is accessed through the Fibe TV app and offers up to 500 channels.
News categories: Bell Canada, Wade Oosterman, Rizwan Jamal, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
Bell Fibe TV launches 4K Whole Home PVR in Canada
Jan 18, 2016 – Bell Canada has announced that Fibe TV customers in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa and Québec City can now purchase Bell's new 4K Whole Home PVR. The Fibe TV 4K Whole Home PVR is the smallest available on the market, has the largest recording capacity and is HDR-ready.
News categories: Bell Canada, Rizwan Jamal, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV