Digital TV News: Ben Cade
Verimatrix adds Trustonic Trusted Application Management to VCAS for Internet TV
Aug 31, 2016 – Verimatrix has announced that it has extended its partnership with Trustonic to license its Trusted Application Management (TAM) technology. TAM enhances the security options provided by the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for Internet TV.
News categories: Verimatrix, Trustonic, Petr Peterka, Ben Cade, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Trustonic selected by TCL Mobile to secure mobile devices
Oct 23, 2014 – Trustonic has announced a collaboration with ALCATEL ONETOUCH to bring hardware-class authentication to its devices, starting with the flagship handset - HERO 2. The move enables operators to push premium content services to their subscribers.
News categories: Trustonic, ALCATEL ONETOUCH, Ben Cade, Dan Dery, Content Protection, Mobile, Worldwide
MediaTek licenses Trustonic Trusted Execution Environment
Jul 30, 2013 – MediaTek and Trustonic have announced a strategic partnership to embed the Trustonic Trusted Execution Environment (TEE), <t™-base, into MediaTek system-on-chip (SoC) solutions to enable secure apps for smart connected devices.
News categories: Trustonic, MediaTek, Apps, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Tablet
Trustonic Trust and Security for Connected Devices launched
Dec 18, 2012 – Trustonic, a company formed by ARM, Gemalto and Giesecke & Devrient (G&D), has launched as a new standard security provider to address the increasing need for trust built into smart connected devices.
News categories: Trustonic, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Tablet
NDS Implements ARM Technology-Based Secure Mobile Environment with SK Planet in Korea
May 22, 2012 – NDS has announced the implementation of its VideoGuard Connect DRM for HD pay-TV on mobile devices using ARM (LSE:ARM; Nasdaq:ARMH) TrustZone technology with SK Planet, a subsidiary of SK Telecom (NYSE : SKM), Korea's leading telecoms provider.
News categories: NDS Group, ARM, SK Planet, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Korea, Mobile, OTT, Silicon IP
ARM, Gemalto and G&D Form Connected Device Security JV
Apr 3, 2012 – ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH), Gemalto (Paris: GTO) and Giesecke & Devrient have announced the creation of a joint venture dedicated to delivering a secure, accessible environment for advanced services running on the growing range of connected devices.
News categories: ARM, Gemalto, G&D, Content Protection, Games Console, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan