Digital TV News: Beximco
BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
Sep 14, 2019 – Beximco Communications (BexCom) has selected Irdeto to securely deliver content through its DTH service, AKASH. BexCom launched its platform in Bangladesh using Irdeto Cloaked CA to ensure the highest levels of security for its content.
News categories: Irdeto, Beximco, AKASH, Doug Lowther, DS Faisal Hyder, Bangladesh, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite
Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
May 16, 2019 – Beximco Communications has launched a DTH service in Bangladesh under the brand name AKASH. The service will be available from May 19 at authorised retails in 20 districts. AKASH includes a large bouquet of Bangladeshi and foreign TV channels.
News categories: Beximco, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Satellite
GS Group sells stake in Bangladesh's RealVU DTH
Mar 24, 2017 – GS Group has announced the sale of its share in Beximco, a company that operates in Bangladesh under the RealVU brand. In so doing, the holding company has successfully completed an investment project to create the first satellite Pay-TV operator in the country.
News categories: GS Group, Beximco, Andrew Bezrukov, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Satellite, Venture Capital
RealVU Bangladesh selects Exset value-add ecosystem to increase ARPU
Oct 11, 2016 – Bangladesh DTH platform, RealVU, has selected Exset to create and deploy value-add news and dynamic advertising services. Launched in April this year, RealVU is owned and operated by Beximco Communications.
News categories: Exset, RealVU, Andrew Pons, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite
Bangladesh’s first DTH service RealVU set in operation
Apr 28, 2016 – BEXIMCO Communications has launched Bangladesh’s first Direct-to-Home (DTH) service under the brand name RealVU. RealVU is available everywhere across the country, with sales outlets in Dhaka, Sylhet and Chittagong.
News categories: BEXIMCO, RealVU, Dmitry Lapitskiy, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Satellite
GS Group and Beximco announce launch of first DTH company for Bangladesh
May 27, 2014 – Beximco Group has announced a joint venture with Russian investment and industry holding giant GS Group to launch Bangladesh’s first DTH (Direct to Home) company for TV viewers in the country.
News categories: GS Group, Beximco, Salman F Rahman, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Satellite
- Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
- Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
- Kantar and VTION roll out OTT Audience Measurement for India
- iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification