Digital TV News: Beximco
BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
Sep 14, 2019 – Beximco Communications (BexCom) has selected Irdeto to securely deliver content through its DTH service, AKASH. BexCom launched its platform in Bangladesh using Irdeto Cloaked CA to ensure the highest levels of security for its content.
News categories: Irdeto, Beximco, AKASH, Doug Lowther, DS Faisal Hyder, Bangladesh, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite
Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
May 16, 2019 – Beximco Communications has launched a DTH service in Bangladesh under the brand name AKASH. The service will be available from May 19 at authorised retails in 20 districts. AKASH includes a large bouquet of Bangladeshi and foreign TV channels.
News categories: Beximco, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Satellite
GS Group sells stake in Bangladesh's RealVU DTH
Mar 24, 2017 – GS Group has announced the sale of its share in Beximco, a company that operates in Bangladesh under the RealVU brand. In so doing, the holding company has successfully completed an investment project to create the first satellite Pay-TV operator in the country.
News categories: GS Group, Beximco, Andrew Bezrukov, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Satellite, Venture Capital
RealVU Bangladesh selects Exset value-add ecosystem to increase ARPU
Oct 11, 2016 – Bangladesh DTH platform, RealVU, has selected Exset to create and deploy value-add news and dynamic advertising services. Launched in April this year, RealVU is owned and operated by Beximco Communications.
News categories: Exset, RealVU, Andrew Pons, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite
Bangladesh’s first DTH service RealVU set in operation
Apr 28, 2016 – BEXIMCO Communications has launched Bangladesh’s first Direct-to-Home (DTH) service under the brand name RealVU. RealVU is available everywhere across the country, with sales outlets in Dhaka, Sylhet and Chittagong.
News categories: BEXIMCO, RealVU, Dmitry Lapitskiy, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Satellite
GS Group and Beximco announce launch of first DTH company for Bangladesh
May 27, 2014 – Beximco Group has announced a joint venture with Russian investment and industry holding giant GS Group to launch Bangladesh’s first DTH (Direct to Home) company for TV viewers in the country.
News categories: GS Group, Beximco, Salman F Rahman, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Satellite
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box