Digital TV News: Bill Ablondi
54% of US homes now have at least one Smart Home device
Jan 7, 2020 – Smart homes have now become the majority in the US. A Strategy Analytics survey taken in Q4 2019 suggests that 54% of homes own at least one smart home device, with the most popular being smart speakers, interactive security systems and smart thermostats.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Jack Narcotta, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
Global Smart Home market to surpass $100 billion in 2019
Sep 25, 2019 – Strategy Analytics projects that consumer spending on smart home related hardware, services and installation fees will reach $103 billion in 2019 and grow to $157 billion by 2023. The company predicts that spending on devices will account for 54% of the total in 2019.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Jack Narcotta, Bill Ablondi, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Smart Home will drive IoT to 50 billion devices
Oct 26, 2017 – The Internet of Things continues to expand rapidly, and the smart home will be one of the keys to further growth through the 2020s, according to Strategy Analytics. Nearly 20 billion IoT and connected devices will be deployed worldwide by the end of this year.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Mercer, Bill Ablondi, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, Worldwide
Consumer Smart Home spending to grow to $158bn by 2022
Feb 28, 2017 – Strategy Analytics expects a period of competitive turbulence as new vendors vie for position in the burgeoning smart home market. Business models are in flux as service providers seek sustainable revenues other than for security monitoring.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Bill Ablondi, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Service provider Smart Home opportunity to hit $62 billion by 2020
Oct 17, 2016 – According to Strategy Analytics, by 2020, consumers will be spending nearly $130 billion annually on smart home offerings, with 47%, or more than $60 billion, being available to service providers.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Bill Ablondi, BBWF, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV