Digital TV News: Bill Holmes
Comcast to offer Netflix as part of Xfinity packages
Apr 13, 2018 – Comcast and Netflix have announced an expansion of their partnership that will provide Comcast the ability to include a Netflix subscription in new and existing Xfinity packages.
News categories: Comcast, Netflix, Sam Schwartz, Bill Holmes, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Shaw makes binge-watching easier than ever with Netflix on BlueSky TV
Sep 14, 2017 – Shaw Communications and Netflix have announced the launch of Netflix on BlueSky TV, bringing Western Canadians a way to binge-watch their favourite shows and movies. Customers who subscribe to Shaw BlueSky TV, Shaw WideOpen Internet 150 and Netflix can watch shows and movies through one integrated platform.
News categories: Shaw Communications, Netflix, Chris Kucharski, Netflix, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Telenor partners with Netflix across its global customer footprint
Feb 24, 2017 – Telenor and Netflix have agreed a partnership to provide their members in 13 countries with a world class video streaming experience. The agreement covers Telenor Group’s large mobile and fixed line footprint in Asia and Europe.
News categories: Telenor, Netflix, Gunnar Sellæg, Bill Holmes, Digital TV, Norway, OTT
TiVo and Netflix sign product and patent licensing agreements
Nov 28, 2016 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) have announced that they have signed agreements for TiVo to continue integrating Netflix into its set-top boxes, and for Netflix to license TiVo's portfolio of patents.
News categories: TiVo, Netflix, Tom Carson, Bill Holmes, Digital TV, Licensing, OTT, Patent, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Hong Kong's now TV and Netflix announce partnership
Mar 17, 2016 – now TV and Netflix have announced a partnership that will start delivering Netflix to customers in Hong Kong through now TV's set-top boxes and the new 4K all-in-one appliance 'now one' from the second quarter of 2016.
News categories: PCCW, Netflix, now TV, Loke Kheng Tham, Bill Holmes, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
StarHub and Netflix announce partnership
Jan 17, 2016 – StarHub and Netflix have announced a partnership that will bring Netflix, the world's leading Internet TV network, to StarHub’s Fibre TV customers through their set-top boxes by the early second quarter of 2016.
News categories: StarHub, Netflix, Howie Lau, Bill Holmes, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Singapore
Singtel announces tie-up with Netflix
Jan 14, 2016 – Singtel has struck an exclusive tie-up with Netflix to give customers promotional offers to access top quality TV shows and movies on the streaming service. Singtel customers stand to get up to nine months’ worth of complimentary Netflix subscriptions.
News categories: Singtel, Netflix, Yuen Kuan Moon, Bill Holmes, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Singapore
Rogers launches 4K TV and 4K set top box
Oct 5, 2015 – Rogers has announced the launch of 4K ready gigabit internet speeds, a new 4K set top box, Rogers 4K TV and the world's largest commitment to live broadcasting in 4K with HDR. Rogers will also introduce high dynamic range (HDR) in April 2016.
News categories: Rogers, shomi, Netflix, Guy Laurence, Scott Moore, David Asch, Bill Holmes, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Telecom Italia to add Netflix to TIMvision set-top box
Jul 29, 2015 – Telecom Italia and Netflix have announced an agreement to deliver access to Netflix to TIM's customers directly on the TIMvision set-top box, via TIM’s fixed ADSL and Ultra-Broadband (UBB) networks.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Netflix, Marco Patuano, Bill Holmes, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Italy, OTT, Set Top Box
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic