Digital TV News: Bill Wijdeveld
OTT usage among M7 subscribers grows by 30%
Jul 24, 2018 – The addition of OTT services to DTH and IPTV distribution proves to be a successful move for M7 Group. Meeting the rapidly growing subscriber demand to watch content at any time on any device, OTT is now an essential part of M7’s hybrid TV offering, both for linear and on-demand content.
News categories: M7 Group, Bill Wijdeveld, Digital TV, Mobile, Netherlands, OTT, Subscribers
M7 extends contract with SES at 19.2°E
Apr 11, 2018 – M7 Group will continue to provide its subscribers with TV reception following an extension agreement with SES for the delivery of its channels via Europe’s prime orbital position of 19.2 degrees East.
News categories: SES S.A, M7 Group, Martin Ornass-Kubacki, Bill Wijdeveld, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
SES continues to grow its household reach in Benelux
May 27, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has further increased its household reach in the Benelux countries in 2012 to over 1.2 million homes. With a 19 percent increase compared to the previous year, Belgium topped the Benelux growth in ASTRA satellite homes.
News categories: SES S.A, Belgium, Luxembourg, Market Research, Netherlands, Satellite, Subscribers
Pan-European 3D Channel Brava3D Starts on Astra
Nov 22, 2010 – SES ASTRA (Paris, LuxX: SESG) has announced that the Dutch TV channel Brava3D started broadcasting via the ASTRA satellite at 23.5 degrees East. Brava3D is the first pan-European 3D channel providing a mix of classical music, opera and ballet in 3D quality.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Europe, Satellite, VR
CanalDigitaal And TV Vlaanderen Launch HDTV Bouquet On ASTRA For Dutch And Belgian Markets
Apr 30, 2008 – As of this month, Dutch satellite TV provider, CanalDigitaal, and Belgian sister company, TV Vlaanderen, broadcast their new HDTV package via ASTRA (Euronext Paris and Luxembourg Stock Exchange: SESG) satellites at the 23.5Âº East orbital position.
News categories: SES ASTRA, CanalDigitaal, TV Vlaanderen, Belgium, Digital TV, Netherlands, Satellite
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event