Digital TV News: Billy Nayden
8% of US broadband households own a VR headset
Apr 15, 2019 – According to Parks Associates, gaming remains the primary use case for VR headsets in the U.S. Familiarity with VR remains at around one-fourth of US broadband households, with gamers most likely to be familiar with the technology.
News categories: Parks Associates, Billy Nayden, Digital TV, Market Research, USA, VR
52% of U.S. broadband households now watching internet video on a connected TV
Mar 7, 2019 – Parks Associates research has found that OTT video services have transitioned back into the home’s living room, with a majority (52%) of U.S. broadband households now watching online video on a TV that is connected to the internet.
News categories: Parks Associates, Billy Nayden, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
Jan 16, 2019 – Research from Parks Associates finds that 16% of U.S. broadband households admit to sharing their passwords for their video service accounts with other people, and that service providers will have a difficult time moving subscribers to new methods of password-free authentication.
News categories: Parks Associates, Billy Nayden, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
47% of U.S. broadband households watch UGC more than once a month
Oct 11, 2018 – A report from Parks Associates finds that as U.S. broadband households spend less time per week watching video on a television, they are watching more user-generated content online, which increasingly includes live broadcast video.
News categories: Parks Associates, Billy Nayden, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
- SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
- Nordic video markets riding high
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free