Digital TV News: BlackBerry
BlackBerry joins the Velos Media licensing platform
Jan 18, 2019 – Velos Media has announced that BlackBerry has joined the platform and will make its entire portfolio of standard-essential HEVC patents available for license through the Velos Media marketplace.
News categories: Velos Media, BlackBerry, Fred Telecky, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
Bell becomes Canada's largest TV provider
Nov 4, 2015 – Bell has announced that the popularity of Fibe TV has made Bell TV the largest provider of television services in Canada for the first time, with more than 2.7 million TV customers across the country.
News categories: Bell Canada, George Cope, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Subscribers
Worldwide CE market forecast to grow 4.5% this year
Dec 18, 2014 – Futuresource Consulting has published its annual global overview of the consumer electronics industry. According to the company, 2014 has been a difficult ride for many segments of the market, but overall there has been growth.
News categories: Futuresource, Market Research, Worldwide
Digisoft.tv and INSIDE Secure announce joint DRM implementation for STBs
Sep 8, 2014 – Digisoft.tv and INSIDE Secure have announced that they have launched a reference Encrypted Media Extension (EME) implementation on Digisoft.tv’s Iris HTML5 OS middleware application.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, INSIDE Secure, Fearghal Kelly, Martin Bergenwall, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
INSIDE Secure protects Snap, Sky Deutschland's OTT service
Jun 4, 2014 – INSIDE Secure (Paris: INSD) has announced that it has licensed its DRM Fusion Agent™ software to Sky Deutschland. Sky will use it to protect video content delivery for its Snap online media service.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Sky Deutschland, Euan Smith, Simon Blake Wilson, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, OTT
INSIDE Secure protects maxdome's HD video streaming
Mar 26, 2014 – INSIDE Secure (NYSE Euronext: INSD) and maxdome have announced that maxdome has licensed INSIDE’s downloadable DRM Fusion™ Agent software to protect streaming video content delivery for the maxdome mobile portal.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, maxdome, Andreas Heyden, Dr. Simon Blake-Wilson, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, OTT, TV Everywhere
INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
Dec 3, 2013 – INSIDE Secure (Paris: INSD) has announced that it has licensed its downloadable DRM Fusion Agent™ software to Sky Italia, who is using it to protect premium video content delivery for their Sky Go OTT video service.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Sky Italia, Pier Paolo Tamma, Dr. Simon Blake-Wilson, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Italy, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Watch TV anywhere with the new Bell TV app
Aug 19, 2013 – Bell Canada has announced the launch of its Bell TV app that lets customers watch popular channels that they receive in their programming package at home on tablet or smartphones at no extra charge.
News categories: Bell Canada, Apps, Canada, IPTV, Mobile, Satellite, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
PlayOn brings Netflix, Hulu, HBO GO, 60+ channels to BlackBerry 10
Jul 16, 2013 – PlayOn has announced the launch of a PlayOn app for the BlackBerry® 10 platform. For the first time, BlackBerry 10 customers in the US and Canada can watch content from Hulu, Netflix and HBO GO on their smartphone.
News categories: PlayOn, BlackBerry, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Smartphone, USA
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system