Digital TV News: Blaine Curcio
Satellite capacity to play catch up with supply
Jul 21, 2014 – NSR has predicted that satellite supply of over 3,000 new transponders and 2+ Tbps of HTS capacity fueled by risk-taking from key operators will far outstrip demand growth over the next decade.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Prashant Butani, Blaine Curcio, Content Distribution, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
300 Ultra HD DTH channels by 2023
Jun 17, 2014 – NSR has forecast that by 2023, nearly 300 Ultra HD TV channels will be broadcast globally by Direct to Home (DTH) operators, with Ultra HD present in every region worldwide within the next decade.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Alan Crisp, Blaine Curcio, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Study finds contrasting DTH trends among major emerging markets
May 12, 2014 – NSR's analysis of DTH platforms points to a significant divergence in market trends not just between 'developing' and 'developed' markets, but also within the markets of the 'developing world'.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Blaine Curcio, Alan Crisp, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
NSR projects major DTH shift to the Southern Hemisphere
Jul 2, 2013 – NSR latest DTH report analyzes a rapidly changing industry that is diverging from one with growth centered around North America and Western Europe to one where growth will come from the developing parts of the world.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system