Digital TV News: Brent Smith
Evolution Digital and Rovi Collaborate to Bring Popular Guide Experience to DTAs
Aug 22, 2012 – Evolution Digital and Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) have announced that they will be working together to bring the popular experience of Rovi Guides to Evolution's Universal Digital Transport Adapters (uDTAs).
News categories: Rovi Corp, Evolution Digital, Cable TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Conax Wins Grupo TV Cable, Ecuador Contract
Jul 31, 2012 – Conax has announced a contract with Grupo TV Cable in Ecuador. With set-top box provider Evolution Digital, Conax has deployed content security to enable TV Cable's digital migration and additional services such as pre-paid voucher and pay-per-view.
News categories: Conax, Evolution Digital, Grupo TV Cable, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Ecuador, Set Top Box
Cablemás adds Cubiware VOD platform
Apr 12, 2012 – Conax and Evolution Digital have announced that they have partnered with Cubiware to provide Cablemás with a VOD platform using Adaptive Bit Rate technology, to maximize bandwidth efficiency, and reduce operating costs.
News categories: Cubiware, Conax, Evolution Digital, Cablemás, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Mexico, Middleware, NABShow
NCTC Signs Multi-Year Evolution Digital Deal to Bring Member's Savings on DTAs and TiVo Set-Top Boxes
Feb 20, 2012 – Evolution Digital has announced that it has signed an agreement with the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC). Under the agreement, NCTC is able to provide members a lower price per unit by aggregating member orders for Evolution Digital's SD and HD uDTAs and TiVo® Premiere DVRs.
News categories: Evolution Digital, National Cable Television Cooperative, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, USA
Cablemás expands use of Conax security and Evolution set-top boxes
May 24, 2011 – In 2010, Mexico's Cablemás entered an agreement with Conax, and Evolution Digital. Now Cablemás is expanding their digital service offering to include IP video services using the Conax security platform and Evolution hybrid IP set-tops and DVRs.
News categories: Conax, Evolution Digital, Cablemás, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR, Mexico, Set Top Box
Cablemás strengthens its security platform with Conax open DVB Conditional Access
Aug 31, 2010 – Cablemás is optimizing its digitization with the Conax content-security platform. The new solution will improve quality and functionality by including redundancy, 24/7 and Evolution Digital STBs.
News categories: Conax, Evolution Digital, Cablemás, iexpertus, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box
Evolution Digital and Conax Awarded Multi-Stream CableCARD™ Qualification
Aug 28, 2009 – Evolution Digital and Conax have partnered to develop a Multi-stream CableCARD™ (M-Card™) specific to the North American cable market and were recently awarded qualification by CableLabs®.
News categories: Evolution Broadband, Conax, Cable TV, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues