Digital TV News: Brian Baker
Amlogic completes integration of Widevine CAS on Android TV
Nov 9, 2018 – Amlogic has announced that it has integrated Widevine CAS on the Android TV platform. With Amlogic's 4K set-top box (STB) platform running Android 9 Pie, Amlogic's customers can design Android STBs integrated with Widevine CAS to secure premium content.
News categories: Amlogic, Widevine, James Xie, Brian Baker, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
BBC deploys BuyDRM to secure premium digital content
Apr 5, 2018 – BuyDRM has announced that the UK’s BBC has deployed the KeyOS MultiKey DRM Service as part of their BBC iPlayer App. The offering powers the BBC iPlayer app that allows users to download or view offline content on MacOS and Windows clients.
News categories: BuyDRM, Widevine, BBC, Christopher Levy, Brian Baker, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, UK
BuyDRM announces Encryption in The Cloud as a Service
Aug 23, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced the release of its KeyOS CloudPack Encryption as a Service (EaaS) platform. The CloudPack service enables content owners, licensees, and distributors to use BuyDRM’s KeyOS Multi-DRM platform in their cloud of choice including Amazon Web Services, Google Media Cloud and Microsoft Azure.
News categories: BuyDRM, Christopher Levy, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
Widevine To Be Acquired by Google
Dec 3, 2010 – Widevine has announced that it has agreed to be acquired by Google (NASDAQ:GOOG).
News categories: Google Inc, Widevine, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, OTT
DIVA AG Selects Widevine to Expand Service to New Platforms
Nov 16, 2010 – Widevine has announced that DIVA AG will utilize Widevine's video optimization and DRM platform to enable the delivery of DIVA AG's content to mobile devices including Android phones, iPhones, iPads, and specific connected TV sets.
News categories: Widevine, DIVA AG, Content Distribution, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Portable
Panasonic Chooses Widevine to Deliver Secure, High-Quality Customer Experiences on Its Devices
Nov 10, 2010 – Widevine has announced that Panasonic (NYSE: PC) has selected Widevine as its preferred provider of video optimization and digital rights management (DRM) solutions on Panasonic Viera® Connected TVs, Blu-ray Players, and more.
News categories: Widevine, Panasonic, Blu-ray, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Widevine to Provide Adaptive Streaming and DRM for LG Electronics
Oct 13, 2010 – Widevine has announced that it has signed a global agreement with LG (KSE: 066570) to distribute Widevine's live and on-demand adaptive streaming, virtual DVD controls and digital rights management (DRM) on LG connected products.
News categories: Widevine, LG Electronics, DRM, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Telstra to Deliver Live Television Over the Internet with Widevine
Oct 5, 2010 – Widevine has announced that Australia's Telstra (ASX:TLS) will soon start delivering linear broadcast television channels over the internet using Widevine's live adaptive streaming, virtual DVD experience and digital rights management (DRM) platform.
News categories: Widevine, Telstra, Australia, Blu-ray, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Oregan Networks and Widevine Join Forces to Bring a Wide Range of Over-the-Top Content to Connected Devices
Sep 13, 2010 – Oregan Networks and Widevine have announced that Widevine will provide video optimization and digital rights management (DRM) for Oregan's Onyx media browser.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, OTT
- Afghanistan Broadcasting System selects EUTELSAT 53A as its DTH platform
- StarHub pay TV households down 49,000 in 2018
- Encoding.com selected by Akamai as preferred partner for VOD transcoding
- U.S. smart speaker sales will exceed 64 million in 2022
- Brightcove to acquire Ooyala’s online video platform business
- DISH TV down ~380k; Sling TV up ~50k subs in 4Q 2018
- TVSquared partners with TiVo for deterministic attribution
- Telenet designs new YUGO bundle entirely around the smartphone
- FreeWheel chooses Nielsen to power audience-based multiscreen TV advertising
- GTPL Hathway adds 170,000 CATV digital subscribers in 4Q 2018
- Tastemade expands linear OTT footprint with Amagi
- FreeWheel Council for Premium Video Europe releases paper on programmatic technology
- Ethiopian broadcasters take video capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B
- Survey finds one in four Malaysian consumers use pirate TV boxes
- Digital Voice Assistants in use to triple to 8 billion by 2023
- Amazon to acquire mesh WiFi company, eero
- LiveRamp expands identity solution to include connected TV
- CuriosityStream raises $140M in private placement
- Hong Kong to begin analogue TV switch off on November 30, 2020
- China's online video subscribers to surpass 300 million in 2019