Digital TV News: Brian Baker
Tata Elxsi selected as System Integrator for Google Widevine CAS
Jun 4, 2019 – Tata Elxsi, a Certified Widevine Implementation Partner (CWIP), has announced that its product offering now includes Google Widevine CAS in the cloud and on premises. Services also include Widevine CAS integration and validation for Android TV.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Widevine, Brian Baker, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Amlogic completes integration of Widevine CAS on Android TV
Nov 9, 2018 – Amlogic has announced that it has integrated Widevine CAS on the Android TV platform. With Amlogic's 4K set-top box (STB) platform running Android 9 Pie, Amlogic's customers can design Android STBs integrated with Widevine CAS to secure premium content.
News categories: Amlogic, Widevine, James Xie, Brian Baker, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
BBC deploys BuyDRM to secure premium digital content
Apr 5, 2018 – BuyDRM has announced that the UK’s BBC has deployed the KeyOS MultiKey DRM Service as part of their BBC iPlayer App. The offering powers the BBC iPlayer app that allows users to download or view offline content on MacOS and Windows clients.
News categories: BuyDRM, Widevine, BBC, Christopher Levy, Brian Baker, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, UK
BuyDRM announces Encryption in The Cloud as a Service
Aug 23, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced the release of its KeyOS CloudPack Encryption as a Service (EaaS) platform. The CloudPack service enables content owners, licensees, and distributors to use BuyDRM’s KeyOS Multi-DRM platform in their cloud of choice including Amazon Web Services, Google Media Cloud and Microsoft Azure.
News categories: BuyDRM, Christopher Levy, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
Widevine To Be Acquired by Google
Dec 3, 2010 – Widevine has announced that it has agreed to be acquired by Google (NASDAQ:GOOG).
News categories: Google Inc, Widevine, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, OTT
DIVA AG Selects Widevine to Expand Service to New Platforms
Nov 16, 2010 – Widevine has announced that DIVA AG will utilize Widevine's video optimization and DRM platform to enable the delivery of DIVA AG's content to mobile devices including Android phones, iPhones, iPads, and specific connected TV sets.
News categories: Widevine, DIVA AG, Content Distribution, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Portable
Panasonic Chooses Widevine to Deliver Secure, High-Quality Customer Experiences on Its Devices
Nov 10, 2010 – Widevine has announced that Panasonic (NYSE: PC) has selected Widevine as its preferred provider of video optimization and digital rights management (DRM) solutions on Panasonic Viera® Connected TVs, Blu-ray Players, and more.
News categories: Widevine, Panasonic, Blu-ray, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Widevine to Provide Adaptive Streaming and DRM for LG Electronics
Oct 13, 2010 – Widevine has announced that it has signed a global agreement with LG (KSE: 066570) to distribute Widevine's live and on-demand adaptive streaming, virtual DVD controls and digital rights management (DRM) on LG connected products.
News categories: Widevine, LG Electronics, DRM, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Telstra to Deliver Live Television Over the Internet with Widevine
Oct 5, 2010 – Widevine has announced that Australia's Telstra (ASX:TLS) will soon start delivering linear broadcast television channels over the internet using Widevine's live adaptive streaming, virtual DVD experience and digital rights management (DRM) platform.
News categories: Widevine, Telstra, Australia, Blu-ray, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019