Digital TV News: Brian Markwalter
NEXTGEN TV powered by ATSC 3.0 takes center stage at CES 2020
Jan 3, 2020 – NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0, will be one of the key technologies highlighted at CES. The first U.S. consumer receivers with integrated NEXTGEN TV are expected to be announced, highlighting the key consumer benefits of the system.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, Gary Shapiro, Gordon Smith, ATSC 3.0, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
Build-out plans announced for Next-Gen TV in top 40 U.S. TV markets
Apr 8, 2019 – At the 2019 NAB Show, a broad coalition of broadcast television station groups announced plans to deploy Next-Gen TV in the 40 largest U.S. TV markets by the end of 2020. The market-driven effort builds on the testing and rollouts that have already taken place.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Study shows strong interest in ATSC 3.0 Next-Gen Television concept
Oct 16, 2018 – In an update to a 2017 U.S. study, consumers continue to show exceptionally strong interest in the Next-Gen Television service (ATSC 3.0) that will offer free live OTA TV programming with added features.
News categories: Pearl TV, Magid, Anne Schelle, Bill Hague, Brian Markwalter, Digital TV, Market Research, Terrestrial, USA
CTA publishes Recommended Practice for ATSC 3.0 television sets
Sep 27, 2017 – The Consumer Technology Association's (CTA) Technology & Standards Fall Forum kicked off with the publication of guidelines to improve the capabilities of TV sets decoding ATSC 3.0 signals. The guidelines aim to help improve the user-experience.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Brian Markwalter, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Streaming Video Alliance and CTA to co-develop streaming media QoE guidelines
Sep 15, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance and the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) have announced its collaboration to develop industry-wide guidelines pertaining to streaming media Quality of Experience (QoE).
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Consumer Technology Association, Jason Thibeault, Brian Markwalter, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
CEA defines 'HDR Compatible' displays
Aug 27, 2015 – The CEA has announced the industry definition for high dynamic range (HDR) compatible video displays. HDR is a new capability that promises to deliver an expansive range of brightness and shadow detail, further enhancing the viewing experience.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Brian Markwalter, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
U.S. 4K UHD display shipments to reach 4 million in 2015
Jan 5, 2015 – According to research to be released by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), shipments of 4K UHD displays in teh U.S. are projected to reach four million units in 2015, marking a 208 percent increase over 2014.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Gary Shapiro, Brian Markwalter, CES2021, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
OTT-only TV households to exceed DTT-only TV household in the U.S.
Jun 5, 2014 – According to the CEA, the percentage of U.S. households with a television that relies exclusively on an antenna for TV reception is about to be eclipsed for the first time ever by the percentage relying only on the Internet for TV.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Gary Shapiro, Brian Markwalter, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, USA
CEA announces publication of new DTV Interface standard
Jul 15, 2013 – The CEA has announced publication of CEA-861-F, A DTV Profile for Uncompressed High-Speed Digital Interfaces. This standard applies to DTV-related high-speed digital physical interfaces, such as: HDMI, DVI 1.0, and Open LDI specifications.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025