Digital TV News: Brian Roberts
Comcast cable video subscribers down 29,000 in 4Q 2018
Jan 23, 2019 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2018. In the quarter, total cable video customer net losses were 29,000. At Sky, customer relationships increased by 164,000.
News categories: Comcast, Sky, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Comcast video subscribers down 48,000 in 3Q 2015
Oct 27, 2015 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2015. Video net losses improved 40.6% year-over-year to 48,000 and were the best result for a third quarter in nine years.
News categories: Comcast, Brian Roberts, Cable TV, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
Comcast launches industry’s first voice-guided TV interface
Nov 12, 2014 – Comcast has announced the industry’s first voice-enabled television user interface, a solution that will revolutionize the way its Xfinity TV customers, especially those who are blind or visually impaired, navigate the X1 platform.
News categories: Comcast, American Council of the Blind, Brian Roberts, Tom Wlodkowski, Eric Bridges, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
CableLabs® Announces New Tru2way™ Retail Host Device License Agreement
May 5, 2008 – CableLabs® and Samsung have announced their agreement on a new tru2way™ license that provides consumer electronics device manufacturers a streamlined license for their retail products to interface to 2-way interactive cable networks.
News categories: CableLabs, Samsung Electronics, ATSC 3.0, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Licensing, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Zentek Launches a tru2way-Based Solution
Apr 17, 2008 – Zentek Technology has announced the availability of its tru2way-based solution for receiver set manufacturers.
News categories: Zentek, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, North America, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Content and the Latest Technologies Connect at the 2008 International CES
Oct 4, 2007 – New content developments from major players in the entertainment industry will connect with the latest distribution platforms at the 2008 International CES®, making CES the global hub for all that's new in digital entertainment.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, International CES, CES2021
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi