Digital TV News: Brian Sprague
MaxLinear ships over 10 million DVB-T2 tuners
Nov 3, 2014 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that it has sold more than 10 million DVB-T2 tuners globally. MaxLinear has seen sales from all markets that use the DVB-T2 standard, including countries in Europe, Southeast Asia and Africa, as well as in Russia.
News categories: MaxLinear, Brian Sprague, DVB-T2, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
MaxLinear introduces ISDB-T USB dongle reference design
Aug 14, 2014 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL683 ISDB-T tuner-demodulator is at the heart of a new, low-cost USB dongle reference design that brings digital broadcast high-definition (HD) TV to consumers throughout Latin America.
News categories: MaxLinear, Brian Sprague, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ALi launches STB SoC with integrated DVB-T2 demod
Jun 5, 2014 – ALi has announced its latest set-top box SoC, the M3821, with integrated DVB-T2 demodulator. ALi has also announced a solution that combines the M3821 with MaxLinear's MxL608 RF tuner to add protection against 4G/LTE, WiFi and FM signal interference.
News categories: ALi Corp, MaxLinear, Tony Chang, Brian Sprague, Digital TV, DVB-T2, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Worldwide
MaxLinear tuner selected for Nuvyyo placeshifting ATSC STB
May 20, 2014 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Nuvyyo has selected the MxL603 hybrid tuner for its Tablo HDTV broadcast DVR. Nuvyyo’s Tablo combines the functionality of a DVR with the convenience and mobility of a tablet app.
News categories: MaxLinear, Nuvyyo, ATSC, Digital TV, OTT, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
MaxLinear and ST show UltraHD HEVC satellite reference design
Apr 3, 2014 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) and STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) have announced a reference design aimed at accelerating the adoption of Ultra HD set-top boxes (STB) and gateways by satellite pay-TV operators.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, MaxLinear, Herve Mathieu, Brian Sprague, Digital TV, Gateway, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MaxLinear digital channel stacking satellite IC deployed in GT-SAT 'DLNB'
Apr 3, 2014 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that GT-SAT International of Luxembourg has deployed MaxLinear’s Full-Spectrum Capture™ (FSC™) MxL862 in a new digital satellite low-noise block (DLNB) downconverter.
News categories: MaxLinear, GT-SAT, Brian Sprague, Guil Mediouni, Europe, Latin America, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
STMicroelectronics unveils STB initiatives at TVConnect and CCBN
Mar 18, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced a number of STB initiatives. These include the introduction of a 'Liege2' product family, smaller and more power-efficient members of its existing Liege family and a cooperation with MaxLinear.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Eric Benoit, Brian Sprague, CCBN, Digital TV, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Zinwell selects MaxLinear IC for channel-stacking digital ODU
Jan 9, 2014 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Zinwell is developing a new satellite digital outdoor (D-ODU) unit using MaxLinear’s MxL865 channel stacking system on chip (SoC).
News categories: MaxLinear, Zinwell, Brian Sprague, Chester Wu, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MaxLinear enters satellite digital outdoor-unit market
Jan 6, 2014 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced the MxL86x family of 24-channel, Full-Spectrum Capture™ (FSC™) band translation and channel stacking system on chip (SoC) devices for satellite digital outdoor units (ODUs).
News categories: MaxLinear, Brian Sprague, CES2020, Digital TV, ICs, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019