Digital TV News: Broadband Forum
IPTV Passes 40 Million Subscriber Milestone
Jan 6, 2011 – According to figures from Point Topic announced by the Broadband Forum, the total number of IPTV subscribers worldwide now stands at 41.9 million, representing a growth of 7.3% in the three months to end September and 36.7% growth in the last 12 months.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Technicolor, the first company to deliver 100 million gateways worldwide
Oct 25, 2010 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH ; NYSE: TCH) has announced that it has achieved the major milestone of 100 million gateways delivered worldwide, out of 500 million broadband connections deployed in households and businesses globally.
News categories: Technicolor, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Smart Home
Broadband Passes 500 Million Subscribers
Sep 20, 2010 – Broadband has taken a significant step forward as the number of subscriber lines passed the 500 million mark in July 2010. In the second quarter 2.3 million IPTV subscribers were added, making over 38.5 million people using IPTV at the end of Q2 2010.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, China, Digital TV, Fibre, France, Germany, Hong Kong, IPTV, Italy, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Spain, USA
Global IPTV subscribers grow 8% in Q1 2010
Jun 16, 2010 – Broadband subscription growth took an upswing during the first quarter of 2010. The Broadband Forum figures show that the number of IPTV subscribers grew to 36.3 million. China and the USA are the top two countries for both broadband and IPTV.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Broadband, China, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, France, Germany, Hong Kong, IPTV, Italy, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Russia, Spain, Subscribers, USA
Broadband Growth Steady In 2009 With a Real Pick up In Every Region In Fourth Quarter
Mar 24, 2010 – There are now more than 466.95 million broadband customers in the world according to statistics released by the Broadband Forum. IPTV had a banner year, adding more than 10.8 million subscribers (compared to 9.4 million in 2008).
News categories: Broadband Forum, Africa, Asia, Broadband, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, Subscribers, Video Exchange
ADB and Mariner Provide Proactive Service Monitoring Solution
Mar 22, 2010 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX:ADBN) and Mariner have unveiled a solution to enable proactive pay-TV service monitoring which increases the quality of subscribers' experience and reduces operator costs.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Mariner, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
The Americas Show Strong Broadband Growth and Widespread IPTV Adoption
Sep 8, 2009 – The Broadband Forum has announced the latest broadband and IPTV statistics, which show a strong performance in the Americas, both in broadband growth at 18 per cent and in IPTV adoption, where subscriptions grew by 86% over the last twelve months.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Africa, Asia, Brazil, Broadband, Canada, China, Digital TV, Europe, France, Germany, IPTV, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, Subscribers, UK, USA
Global IPTV market up to nearly 24 million
Jun 16, 2009 – The Broadband Forum has announced the latest broadband and IPTV statistics. Its report shows that broadband grew by 16.6 million lines globally in the last quarter alone, while IPTV continues to expand strongly.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Brazil, Broadband, Canada, China, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Egypt, Fibre, France, Germany, IPTV, Italy, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Mexico, UK, Ukraine, USA
IPTV Growth Doubles in North America in 2008
Mar 25, 2009 – The Broadband Forum has announced the latest IPTV and broadband statistics, showing that the North American IPTV market has more than doubled in size in 2008 -- with growth of 113 percent despite the global economic downturn.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Africa, Asia, Broadband, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, Subscribers
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions
- Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
- Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
- RDK now on more than 60 million devices
- Disney+ on UK Samsung Smart TVs from 24th March
- COVID-19 to have significant effect on the semiconductor market
- TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software