Digital TV News: Bruce McClelland
CommScope to acquire ARRIS
Nov 8, 2018 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has agreed to acquire ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) in an all-cash transaction for $31.75 per share, or a total purchase price of approximately $7.4 billion, including the repayment of debt.
News categories: CommScope, ARRIS International, Eddie Edwards, Bruce McClelland, Content Distribution, CPE, Digital TV, Gateway, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ARRIS and Charter collaborate on WorldBox 2.0 development
Oct 12, 2016 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) and Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) have announced plans for ARRIS to be a key participant in the development of WorldBox 2.0, Charter's next-generation video platform.
News categories: ARRIS International, Charter Communications, Bruce McClelland, Jim Blackley, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Espial acquires Whole Home Solution platform from ARRIS
Jun 29, 2016 – Espial has announced an agreement to acquire ARRIS’s Whole Home Solution (WHS) platform. Espial will support current – and look to accelerate future – roadmaps for more than 40 WHS service provider customers spanning the US, Canada, and Latin America.
News categories: Espial, ARRIS, Jaison Dolvane, Bruce McClelland, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Latin America, MnA, USA
Australia's NBN chooses Arris for HFC broadband network
Feb 23, 2015 – NBN Co. has chosen ARRIS Group (NASDAQ: ARRS) to build its next-generation Hybrid Fiber-Coaxial (HFC) broadband network. The project is intended to provide access to high-speed broadband services for homes and businesses across Australia.
News categories: ARRIS Group, NBN Co, Bruce McClelland, Dennis Steiger, Australia, Broadband, Content Distribution
Service Electric chooses ARRIS for delivery of TV Everywhere
Jul 23, 2014 – ARRIS (NASDAQ:ARRS) has announced that Service Electric has selected the ARRIS Whole Home Solution with Media Streamer giving Service Electric subscribers the ability to stream live and recorded content throughout the home and on the go.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Service Electric, John M. Walson, Bruce McClelland, Cable TV, Digital TV, Placeshifting, Smart Home, TV Everywhere, USA
Comporium adds ARRIS TV-everywhere box to its offer
Jul 23, 2014 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that South Carolina's Comporium will sell its ARRIS MS4000 under the name 'Moxi Sling'. The box enables subscribers to access live and recorded Comporium content both inside and outside the home.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Comporium, Matthew Dosch, Bruce McClelland, Cable TV, Digital TV, Placeshifting, TV Everywhere, USA
Consolidated chooses ARRIS Whole Home Solution and ConvergeMedia Management Suite
Jul 23, 2014 – Consolidated Communications has elected to deploy the ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) Whole Home Solution and ConvergeMedia Management Suite, enabling subscribers to enjoy up to six HD programs at one time, whole home DVR, and a more personalized content experience.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Consolidated Communications, Tom White, Bruce McClelland, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gateway, USA
ARRIS and NDS Announce Integration of ARRIS Media Gateway and NDS Middleware, DRM and User Interface
May 21, 2012 – The integration of the ARRIS (Nasdaq:ARRS) Media Gateway and Media Player with NDS' MediaHighway middleware, VideoGuard Connect DRM and the NDS Snowflake user interface is being architected in close collaboration with several North American cable operators.
News categories: ARRIS Group, NDS Group, Cable TV, Digital TV, DRM, DVR, Gateway, Media Player, Middleware, Smart Home, USA
ARRIS to Display DVB-C2 Broadcast at Cable Congress 2012
Feb 15, 2012 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) has announced its participation at this year's Cable Congress. ARRIS will present a live demonstration of how the ARRIS D5® Universal Edge QAM can support DVB-C2 broadcast and VOD in conjunction with Kabel Deutschland and Sony.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DVB-C2
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs