Digital TV News: Business Bureau
Colombia's pay TV subscriber base passes the 8 million mark
Jan 20, 2015 – According to the latest Market Estimates report from BB BUSINESS BUREAU, the pay TV market in Colombia is continuing to grow though at a slower rate than one year ago.
News categories: BUSINESS BUREAU, Cable TV, Colombia, Digital TV, Satellite, Subscribers
Pay TV growth in Latin America moderates in Q3 2014
Oct 14, 2014 – According to BB-Business Bureau, after a period of expansion due to the emergence of new technologies, new players and the World Cup in Brazil, pay TV growth in the third quarter moderated in most parts of the Latin America region.
News categories: BB-Business Bureau, Verónica Bianchini, Santiago Zapata, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Ecuador, Market Research, Mexico, Peru, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay, Venezuela
In Latin America 51% of cable TV subscribers are digital
Sep 12, 2014 – BB-MEDIA Business Bureau has produced indices of the rate of conversion to digital of pay TV operators in Latin America. Overall little more than half of subscribers to cable TV have a digital service.
News categories: Business Bureau, Horacio Gennari, Christian Peralta, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Subscribers, Uruguay, Venezuela
BB-BUSINESS BUREAU maps Americas pay TV after AT&T-DIRECTV merger
May 29, 2014 – BB-BUSINESS BUREAU has combined its own primary Latin America information with especially collected US data to show the pay TV and broadband competitive landscapes after AT&T acquires DIRECTV.
News categories: BB-BUSINESS BUREAU, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, North America, Satellite, Subscribers
In Colombia, Pay TV penetration reaches 60%
Feb 19, 2014 – BB-Business Bureau has determined that in Colombia there were 7.75 million Pay TV Subscribers at the end of 2013, representing a 13% increase in subscribers versus December 2012.
News categories: Business Bureau, Tomás Gennari, Horacio Gennari, Cable TV, Colombia, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient