Digital TV News: BuyDRM
EPIX delivers 4K content to Apple TV using BuyDRM’s KeyOS
Sep 4, 2018 – BuyDRM has announced that EPIX has partnered with the KeyOS multi-DRM platform to protect their premium video content. EPIX became the first U.S. premium TV network to stream 4K content.
News categories: BuyDRM, EPIX, Christopher Levy, Sacha Stanton, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
BBC deploys BuyDRM to secure premium digital content
Apr 5, 2018 – BuyDRM has announced that the UK’s BBC has deployed the KeyOS MultiKey DRM Service as part of their BBC iPlayer App. The offering powers the BBC iPlayer app that allows users to download or view offline content on MacOS and Windows clients.
News categories: BuyDRM, Widevine, BBC, Christopher Levy, Brian Baker, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, UK
Australia's ABC to deploy BuyDRM MultiKey in conjunction with AWS Elemental
Mar 27, 2018 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) is planning to deploy BuyDRM’s KeyOS MultiKey Service in conjunction with AWS Elemental to package and encrypt live video content for users on a variety of playback platforms in Australia.
News categories: BuyDRM, ABC, Elemental, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Keith Wymbs, Australia, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
ICFLIX secures content with KeyOS MultiKey service from BuyDRM
Feb 22, 2018 – BuyDRM has announced that ICFLIX has deployed the KeyOS MultiKey DRM Service for their streaming and VOD platform. ICFLIX provides Hollywood, Bollywood and Jazzwood (Arabic content) for the growing MENA marketplace.
News categories: BuyDRM, ICFLIX, Christopher Levy, Carlos Tibi, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middle-East, Mobile, OTT
BuyDRM and Bitmovin provide encoding and encryption for fuboTV
Dec 4, 2017 – BuyDRM and Bitmovin have partnered with sports-first streaming TV service fuboTV. As part of the deployment, Bitmovin will provide fuboTV with cloud-based encoding and encryption via the Bitmovin Encoding platform integrated with BuyDRM’s KeyOS Encryption Key API.
News categories: BuyDRM, Bitmovin, fuboTV, Christopher Levy, Stefan Lederer, Sung Ho Choi, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA
Tulix adds BuyDRM MultiKey service to its OTT/IPTV management stack
Nov 2, 2017 – Tulix has announced that they have deployed BuyDRM’s KeyOS MultiKey Service within their OTT/IPTV management stack, helping broadcasters and content owners stream and monetize live, linear and VOD content globally on all devices.
News categories: BuyDRM, Tulix, Christopher Levy, Dr. George Bokuchava, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, OTT, Worldwide
BBC selects BuyDRM for encrypted playback on mobiles
Sep 15, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced that the BBC has chosen the BuyDRM KeyOS Multi-DRM platform to provide DRM for its BBC iPlayer, BBC iPlayer Kids and BBC iPlayer Radio on-demand TV and radio products. Content on these services is secured for playback on mobile devices.
News categories: BuyDRM, BBC, Christopher Levy, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, OTT, UK
Telia CLOUDY CDN deploys the BuyDRM KeyOS multi-DRM platform
Sep 14, 2017 – Telia’s self-service cloud video platform for live and VOD content Cloudy CDN, has selected BuyDRM to provide DaaS (DRM as a Service) using BuyDRM’s KeyOS MultiKey Service. CLOUDY provides a cloud-based video platform for the OTT market.
News categories: BuyDRM, Telia, Christopher Levy, Norberts Ositis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Latvia, OTT
Mware CloudTV utilizing BuyDRM's MultiKey DRM-as-a-Service
Aug 31, 2017 – Mware’s turn-key end-to-end OTT IPTV Middleware solution CloudTV is now utilizing BuyDRM’s MultiKey Service to provide DaaS (DRM as a Service). CloudTV provides streamlined integration between the various components including the CDN, transcoding, middleware and UI.
News categories: BuyDRM, Mware, Christopher Levy, Sanders Kerstens, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Middleware, Worldwide
- FCC opens up for ATSC 3.0 license applications
- Sky Deutschland adds multiroom box to Sky Q offering
- Openview STB activations growing at 35,000 per month
- 2019 LG AI ThinQ TVs add Amazon Alexa support
- Telcos to dominate Western European pay TV
- Roku introduces analytics and planning tools for OTT advertisers
- IHS Markit and Informa to exchange business units
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?