Digital TV News: CANAL OVERSEAS
Kudelski saw strong growth in South America in 2012
Feb 28, 2013 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2012 annual results. 2012 was marked by strong demand for the Group's portfolio in South America, becoming the second largest market after the US for the Group.
News categories: Kudelski, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Middleware, Nigeria, Results, Tanzania
CANAL+ and Kudelski announce Swiss partnership
Mar 16, 2011 – In the framework of the April launch of a new HD package, CANAL+/CANALSAT Switzerland has selected Nagravision's (SIX: KUD.S) Nagra Media Access conditional access system to provide subscribers with access to HD content delivered via satellite.
News categories: Nagravision, CANALSAT, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Switzerland
CANAL+ receives authorisation for Tunisian satellite service
Jun 25, 2010 – CANAL OVERSEAS has announced the signing of a convention with the Tunisian Ministry of Communication, enabling the commercialisation in Tunisia of the CANAL+ PACKAGE, the first range of French channels by satellite in Northern Africa.
News categories: CANAL OVERSEAS, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, Tunisia
Kudelski Group delivers strong second half 2009 results
Feb 26, 2010 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.VX) has announced its 2009 annual results. Digital TV sales in the second half were particularly strong growing by 27.3% compared to the first half.
News categories: Kudelski, Brazil, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, Finland, IPTV, Middleware, MnA, Mobile, Results, Satellite, USA
Canal+ launches K+ DTH in Vietnam
Jan 12, 2010 – The CANAL+ Group (Paris: VIV) has announced the launch of K+ in Vietnam, the new bouquet of satellite channels operated by its subsidiary VSTV. The launch follows the signing last June of a partnership between CANAL+ and Vietnamese broadcaster VTV.
News categories: CANAL OVERSEAS, VTV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Vietnam
Asia subscription TV figures higher than ROW combined
Nov 4, 2009 – The Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) has announced new data for subscription TV penetration across the Asia Pacific, noting that the region now has 326 million pay-TV, up 26 million homes in 2009.
News categories: CASBAA, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
CANAL OVERSEAS Selects NDS to Deliver External PVR with a Flash EPG
Oct 7, 2009 – NDS has announced that CANAL OVERSEAS (Paris:VIV) is introducing a personal video recorder (PVR) service with a Flash™-based Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) developed by NDS.
News categories: NDS Group, CANAL OVERSEAS, Caribbean, Digital TV, DVR, Mascarene Islands, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Canal+ converts 240,000 to digital in 1st half 2009
Sep 1, 2009 – Vivendi (Paris: VIV) has released results for the first half of 2009. Canal+'s migration of analog subscribers accelerated over the past six months with nearly 240,000 upgrades to digital since January 2009, ahead of targets.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, SFR, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
Kudelski completes transition of CA to a service model
Aug 28, 2009 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.VX) has announced its half year 2009 results. During this period, the Group started to reap the fruits of the migration of a significant share of its digital TV conditional access deployed base to the service model.
News categories: Kudelski, Advertising, Brazil, Cable TV, CAM, Canada, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Germany, IBC2019, IPTV, Mexico, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Spain, Subscribers, Terrestrial, USA, Vietnam
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA