Digital TV News: CANAL+ Group
CANAL+ Group to acquire M7
May 27, 2019 – CANAL+ Group has announces the acquisition of M7, owned by Astorg. M7 is an aggregator and distributor of local and international channels via satellite and OTT platforms with a presence in the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, M7 Group, Maxime Saada, Jacques du Puy, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, MnA, Netherlands, OTT, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia
Studio Canal deploys NAGRA's NexGuard watermarking
May 7, 2019 – Studio Canal has deployed NexGuard forensic watermarking from NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) to protect the international distribution of its content. NexGuard allows Studio Canal to embed a watermark in each pre-release asset.
News categories: NAGRA, Studio Canal, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Jean-Pierre Boiget, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
CANAL+ chooses Cisco for new content delivery network
Apr 9, 2019 – Cisco has announced that CANAL+ has chosen to base its new CDN on the Cisco NCS 5516 Series platform, using Cisco IOS XR software. As the highest traffic peak recorded by CANAL+ last year was 500Gb/s, the new CDN has been designed to deliver 1Tb/s+ on day one.
News categories: Cisco Systems, CANAL+, Sumeet Arora, Benoît Chemin, Content Distribution, France
Médiamétrie now measuring myCANAL in 4-screen TV audience
Jul 17, 2018 – Médiamétrie now offers 4-screen TV audience measurement customers the option to view the performance of their programmes broadcast on myCANAL, CANAL+ Group’s OTT television distribution platform.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Groupe CANAL+, Julien Rosanvallon, Frank Cadoret, Advertising, Digital TV, France, Market Research, OTT
CANAL+ launches DTH pay TV in Myanmar on THAICOM 6
Mar 21, 2018 – Thaicom (Bangkok: THCOM) has announced the signature of a contract with CANAL+ Overseas Myanmar as part of CANAL+ Myanmar’s launch of a DTH pay TV platform. CANAL+ Overseas Myanmar has leased 4 transponders on THAICOM 6.
News categories: Thaicom, CANAL+, Paiboon Panuwattanawong, Patompob Suwansiri, Erwan Luherne, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Myanmar, Satellite
ATEME and CANAL+ extend partnership to include UHD premium services
Mar 15, 2018 – ATEME and CANAL+ have extended their partnership to include UHD premium services. Leveraging ATEME’s continuous research and innovation in picture quality, CANAL+ workflow can now process both SD, HD and UHD content.
News categories: ATEME, CANAL+, Michel Artières, Philippe Rivas, Content Distribution, France, Satellite, TV Everywhere
CANAL+ launches pay TV in Myanmar with Forever Group
Feb 19, 2018 – CANAL+ Group has launched its offer in Myanmar, in partnership with Forever Group. The two companies have created a service with a wide choice of thematic channels, some of which are produced specifically for the Myanmar market.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, Forever Group, Digital TV, Myanmar, Satellite
Canal+ unveils hybrid 4K ultra HD STB powered by Frog by Wyplay
Jan 25, 2018 – Canal+ Group has unveiled its new 4K ultra HD STB powered by Wyplay. Fully hybrid, with streams coming from satellite and internet, this new 4K ultra HD STB delivers a new user experience with an unrivalled fluidity.
News categories: Wyplay, Canal+ Group, Jacques Bourgninaud, Philippe Rivas, Digital TV, France, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
NAGRA secures CANAL+ 4K UHD services in France
Jan 18, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its content protection is securing CANAL+ Group's new 4K Ultra HD service. NAGRA CONNECT ensures content protection via satellite, OTT or within the home in addition to access control for users authorized by CANAL+.
News categories: NAGRA, CANAL+ Group, Thierry Legrand, Philippe Rivas, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service