Digital TV News: CANALSAT
Canal+ France subscribers down 542k; International up 505k in year to end-3Q 2016
Nov 9, 2016 – Vivendi has released financial statements for the first nine months of 2016. Canal+ Group had a total of 11 million individual subscribers, a year-on-year decrease of 19,000.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, Vincent Bolloré, Africa, France, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
CANAL+ Group revamps TV packages
Oct 13, 2016 – CANAL+ Group is revamping its TV packages. The Group is introducing a simpler choice of options under the CANAL brand. The CANALSAT brand will be phased out with the new offers being launched on November 15.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, Digital TV, France, Satellite
Médiamétrie releases France TV market survey
Jul 5, 2016 – Médiamétrie has released results from its Médiamat’Thématik survey of the French television market. According to the survey, out of a total of 58.249 million TV households in the country, 43.776 million (75.2%) receive their TV service via satellite, cable or over DSL.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Cable TV, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Sky to overtake Liberty Global in Western Europe
Sep 9, 2015 – Liberty Global has been the largest pay TV operator in Europe for some time. However, its top slot in Western Europe is under threat, with Sky Europe expected to overtake its subscriber count in 2017, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
CANAL+ DTH goes all-HD with Thomson Video Networks
Jul 15, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that the CANAL+ Group has deployed its ViBE EM4000 HD/SD encoder to power the migration of its entire CANALSAT satellite offering to an all-HD delivery infrastructure based on the H.264 codec.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, CANAL+ Group, Eric Louvet, Frederic Vincent, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Satellite
Wyplay and ST disclose contribution to Canal+ 'Cube S' STB
Jun 30, 2015 – Wyplay and STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) have disclosed their contributions to the development of Canal+ 'Cube S' set-top-box unveiled on June 9th in Paris. The Cube S is a hybrid Internet and DTT set-top box.
News categories: Wyplay, STMicroelectronics, Canal+ Group, Jacques Bourgninaud, Philippe Notton, Frédéric Vincent, Digital TV, France, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
CANAL+ and Technicolor collaborate on 'Cube S' hybrid STB
Jun 10, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced an ongoing collaboration with CANAL+ Group beginning with the launch of the 'Cube S'. Available immediately across France, the Cube S set-top box offers the complete portfolio of Canal+ content in a direct-to-consumer offering for the first time – all in HD.
News categories: Technicolor, CANAL+ Group, Digital TV, France, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Pay TV providers embrace OTT video and 'skinny' bundles
May 21, 2015 – The global pay TV services market, including cable TV, satellite TV, telco TV and over-the-top (OTT) video, totaled $237 billion in 2014, up 7 percent from the previous year, according to the 2015 IHS Infonetics Pay TV Services and Subscribers report.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Satellite, cable or IPTV in 75% of French homes
Mar 11, 2015 – Mediametrie has released results from its Médiamat’Thématik survey of the French television market. According to the survey, out of a total of 59.093 million TV households in the country, 44.099 million receive their TV service via satellite, cable or over DSL.
News categories: Mediametrie, Cable TV, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS