Digital TV News: CCS Insight
VR device market declines in 2018 but outlook remains positive
Dec 3, 2018 – Despite early enthusiasm and a continued expectation of significant long-term potential for the technology, CCS Insight believes there is still significant work to be done to improve the user experience, software platforms and content availability.
News categories: CCS Insight, Ben Wood, Digital TV, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
VR/AR device market worth $1.8 billion in 2018
Apr 9, 2018 – According to CCS Insight the worldwide market for virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) head-worn devices will grow by an average of 50% annually over the next five years. In 2022, a total of 121 million units will be sold.
News categories: CCS Insight, George Jijiashvili, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
US and Asia dominate early 5G adoption
Apr 6, 2018 – CCS Insight has raised its near-term forecast for global 5G connections following impressive progress made by the industry over the past six months. This headway has been accelerated by agreement on standards, trials, deployment of chipsets and infrastructure, and operator commitments to the technology.
News categories: CCS Insight, Kester Mann, 5G, Broadband, Market Research, Worldwide
TV industry primed for huge disruption as consumers shift to online video
Sep 12, 2017 – CCS Insight believes that audiences sitting down to an evening of scheduled programmes will become an outdated concept. The shift in consumers' preference to watch programmes when and where they like will lead to heavily blurred distinctions between live, recorded, on-demand and online content.
News categories: CCS Insight, Paolo Pescatore, Digital TV, IBCShow, Market Research, Worldwide
Clear potential for VR headsets after a slow start
Feb 23, 2017 – CCS Insight's latest forecast for VR and AR devices reflects the relatively slow start to this nascent market. However, CCS Insight continues to believe the segment holds great potential and can deliver healthy growth over the next five years and beyond.
News categories: CCS Insight, Ben Wood, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Sales of VR headsets take off faster than expected
Aug 30, 2016 – CCS Insight has said that sales of smartphone VR devices, including products based on Google's Cardboard design and more advanced devices such as Samsung's Gear VR headset, have exceeded CCS Insight's earlier expectations.
News categories: CCS Insight, Ben Wood, Digital TV, Market Research, Multiscreen, VR, Worldwide
Number of UK quad-play households to double in 2016
Oct 19, 2015 – By the end of 2019, almost 85% of UK households will have signed up to bundles of at least two telecom and media services from the same provider, according to a multiplay services forecast from CCS Insight.
News categories: CCS Insight, Paolo Pescatore, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, UK
- Beeline chooses Broadpeak CDNs for TV Everywhere service
- AT&T launches standards-based mobile 5G network and hotspot device
- Inter Mountain Cable partners with Espial for TV services
- Discovery partners with SpotX for TVE advertising over the holidays
- Brightcove releases research on consumer video streaming preferences
- ATEME enable ATSC 3.0 field research at NAB/CTA test site in Cleveland
- Comscore extends relationship with Scripps to full TV station group deal
- Innovation drives Korea to become a Top 10 video market
- beIN MEDIA announces satellite migration to Eutelsat
- Kbro chooses Alticast middleware to power upgrade to Android TV
- Euskaltel offers telecom services in Catalonia through the RACC
- Sling TV first vMVPD on Oculus Go VR headset
- Alphonso launches local TV ad analytics and attribution
- Synamedia solution helps combat rapid rise in OTT account sharing
- 3SS launches 3READY Assistant to augment its Android TV launcher
- EIB supports expansion of DTT broadcasting network in Romania
- Appetite for streaming in the Nordics continues to grow
- Demand for Netflix Originals set to overtake licensed titles in the U.S.
- Androidmov Technology unveils IPTV UX software
- Updated specifications for digital distribution of film and TV released