Digital TV News: CCS Insight
KT launches world’s first commercial 5G network
Apr 12, 2019 – KT (KRX: 030200; NYSE: KT) has officially launched the world’s first nationwide commercial 5G wireless network in South Korea, ushering in a new era of super-fast and ultra-reliable connectivity for consumers and businesses.
News categories: KT Corp, Lee Pil-Jae, 5G, Content Distribution, Korea
VR device market declines in 2018 but outlook remains positive
Dec 3, 2018 – Despite early enthusiasm and a continued expectation of significant long-term potential for the technology, CCS Insight believes there is still significant work to be done to improve the user experience, software platforms and content availability.
News categories: CCS Insight, Ben Wood, Digital TV, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
VR/AR device market worth $1.8 billion in 2018
Apr 9, 2018 – According to CCS Insight the worldwide market for virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) head-worn devices will grow by an average of 50% annually over the next five years. In 2022, a total of 121 million units will be sold.
News categories: CCS Insight, George Jijiashvili, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
US and Asia dominate early 5G adoption
Apr 6, 2018 – CCS Insight has raised its near-term forecast for global 5G connections following impressive progress made by the industry over the past six months. This headway has been accelerated by agreement on standards, trials, deployment of chipsets and infrastructure, and operator commitments to the technology.
News categories: CCS Insight, Kester Mann, 5G, Broadband, Market Research, Worldwide
TV industry primed for huge disruption as consumers shift to online video
Sep 12, 2017 – CCS Insight believes that audiences sitting down to an evening of scheduled programmes will become an outdated concept. The shift in consumers' preference to watch programmes when and where they like will lead to heavily blurred distinctions between live, recorded, on-demand and online content.
News categories: CCS Insight, Paolo Pescatore, Digital TV, IBC2020, Market Research, Worldwide
Clear potential for VR headsets after a slow start
Feb 23, 2017 – CCS Insight's latest forecast for VR and AR devices reflects the relatively slow start to this nascent market. However, CCS Insight continues to believe the segment holds great potential and can deliver healthy growth over the next five years and beyond.
News categories: CCS Insight, Ben Wood, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Sales of VR headsets take off faster than expected
Aug 30, 2016 – CCS Insight has said that sales of smartphone VR devices, including products based on Google's Cardboard design and more advanced devices such as Samsung's Gear VR headset, have exceeded CCS Insight's earlier expectations.
News categories: CCS Insight, Ben Wood, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, VR, Worldwide
Number of UK quad-play households to double in 2016
Oct 19, 2015 – By the end of 2019, almost 85% of UK households will have signed up to bundles of at least two telecom and media services from the same provider, according to a multiplay services forecast from CCS Insight.
News categories: CCS Insight, Paolo Pescatore, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, UK
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
- SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
- Nordic video markets riding high
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free