Digital TV News: CHILI
CHILI to be available on the TIM Box in Italy
Sep 30, 2019 – TIM and CHILI have signed an agreement that will make CHILI also available on the TIM Box. From October, TIM customers will be able to access the CHILI catalogue and choose from a wide range of titles that can be paid for directly through their bill.
News categories: TIM, CHILI, Apps, Digital TV, Italy, OTT, Set Top Box
Samsung announces support for HDR10+ on 8K
Sep 4, 2019 – Samsung has announced that it will support the world’s first 8K HDR10+ content, partnering with three European streaming services. CHILI, The Explorers and MEGOGO will adopt 8K HDR10+ along with support for 4K HDR10+.
News categories: Samsung, MEGOGO, Hyogun Lee, Victor Chekanov, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Russia, Smart TV
8K Association announces performance specification for consumer TVs
Aug 29, 2019 – The 8K Association (8KA) has announced that key performance attributes for 8K televisions have been defined as part of the 8KA technical program. Performance criteria were created in concert with the association’s membership.
News categories: 8K Association, Chris Chinnock, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
CHILI CINEMA turns to Beamr Optimizer to reduce bitrate
Sep 12, 2017 – Beamr Imaging has announced that CHILI will be optimizing their entire video library using Beamr Optimizer for more than 1 million subscribers in the UK, Poland, Germany and Austria, in addition to its home country of Italy.
News categories: Beamr, CHILI, Eli Lubitch, Stefano Flamia, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2020, Italy, Poland, UK
Roku introduces audience guarantees for TV advertisers
Apr 3, 2017 – Roku has announced that marketers can now measure campaigns on the Roku platform using detailed demographic metrics comparable to linear TV with Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings (DAR).
News categories: Roku, Nielsen, Scott Rosenberg, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
EU agrees portability rules for online subscriptions
Feb 7, 2017 – Europeans will soon be able to fully use their online subscriptions to films, sports events, e-books, video games or music services when travelling within the EU, according to an agreement reached by negotiators of the European Parliament, the Member States and the European Commission.
News categories: European Commission, Digital TV, EU, OTT, Regulation
Successful 360° world premiere in Germany
Sep 20, 2016 – Deutsche Telekom broke new ground with Germany’s first 360° HD concert live stream on YouTube. The premiere was followed by more than 100,000 viewers in the 360 degree live stream. More than half of the fans watched the concert with mobile devices.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Google, Michael Schuld, Karin Gerhardy, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, VR
UMC deploys SERAPHIC browser on Sharp TVs for Europe
Aug 24, 2016 – SERAPHIC has announced that its Sraf HTML5 browser is to be deployed in Sharp smart TVs, according to the announcement by UMC, the Sharp license holder and the second largest TV manufacturer in Europe.
News categories: SERAPHIC, UMC, Ye Wang, Aslan Khabliev, Digital TV, Europe, HTML5, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Deutsche Telekom to premiere Red Hot Chili Peppers in 360°
Aug 8, 2016 – Deutsche Telekom will present the first 360-degree live concert in Germany at the Kraftwerk Berlin on September 6th, 2016. With a smartphone, a cardboard and equipment such as the Samsung Gear VR fans can fully emerge into the scene.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2020, Mobile, VR
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020