Digital TV News: CI Plus
SmarDTV partners with tivù to launch CI-based TV-Stick
Nov 17, 2020 – SmarDTV Global has unveiled its latest device - the TV-Stick. The TV-Stick, based on DVB-CI Plus 2.0., integrates NAGRA content protection and is able to descramble live channels from tivù, the Italian satellite operator.
News categories: SmarDTV Global, NAGRA, tivù, Erik Gazzoni, Thierry Legrand, Fabrizio Lega, CAM, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite
HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
Oct 27, 2020 – The HbbTV Association has completed work on an update to its core specification (HbbTV 2.0.3). For the first time, HbbTV has removed some features and is announcing the intention to remove others in the future.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Jon Piesing, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
Oct 21, 2020 – Deutsche TV-Plattform is launching an initiative to prepare a market launch of the new version of the CI Plus Interface - CI+ 2.0. CI Plus modules will be based on USB from version 2.0 onwards.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, Carine Chardon, CAM, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Worldwide
Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
Jul 29, 2020 – Eurofins has launched updated testing services for the CI Plus 2.0 standard. Eurofins is the exclusive test partner for v2.0, appointed by CI Plus LLP. CI Plus 2.0 Host Device Registration for licensees commenced on July 20th.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, CI Plus LLP, Johan Craeybeckx, Vlaho Kostov, CAM, Digital TV, Worldwide
TRAI issues recommendations on set-top box interoperability
Apr 10, 2020 – The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released recommendations that all set-top-boxes in India must support technical interoperability in principle, i.e. every STB provided to a consumer must be interoperable.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, CAM, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Set Top Box
DTVKit integrates DVB software with RDK
Mar 4, 2020 – DTVKit has announced that it has integrated its DVB core software components into the open source RDK software platform used by leading video and broadband service providers around the globe.
News categories: DTVKit, RDK, Phil Evans, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Ocean Blue Software releases CI Plus 2.0 Host software stack
Nov 20, 2019 – Ocean Blue Software (OBS) has prepared an update to its CI Plus Host software stack for TVs and Set Top Boxes. The latest release includes support for version 2.0 of the specification which targets new USB form factor Conditional Access Modules (CAMs).
News categories: Ocean Blue Software, Paul Martin, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Nordig and Android 'P' compliance part of DTVKit’s latest software release
Oct 24, 2019 – DTVKit, in cooperation with OBS, has announced a new version of its suite of DTV software components. The October release includes updates to the DVB stack for Nordig compliance, changes to support Android 'Treble', and improvements to the CI Plus ECP reference stack.
News categories: DTVKit, Ocean Blue Software, Phil Evans, Paul Martin, Android TV, CAM, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
SmarDTV provides USB CAMs for Eurofins' CI Plus 2.0 test tool
Sep 5, 2019 – SmarDTV Global has announced that it is distributing modules to Eurofins Digital Testing for their new CI Plus 2.0 test tool, automating IDTV and set-top-box testing. CI Plus 2.0 uses USB, moving away from the old PC Card (PCMCIA) standard.
News categories: SmarDTV, Eurofins, Lionel Boissier, Johan Craeybeckx, CAM, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5