Digital TV News: CJ Hello
Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
Apr 3, 2020 – Contentos has partnered with the decentralized video delivery protocol Theta Network, which will be integrated with the COS.tv video platform to improve user experience and reduce the bandwidth cost of video content delivery.
News categories: Contentos, Theta Network, COS.tv, Mick Tsai, Mitch Liu, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
Dec 5, 2019 – CJ Hello has deployed ATEME's TITAN Live MPEG-2 HD transcoding solution for delivery of video services. TITAN Live is a hardware agnostic, real-time multi-channel/format solution designed for processing SD, HD and Ultra HD content for any screen.
News categories: ATEME, CJ Hello, Boyang An, Kim Hongik, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea
Korea adds 534,000 pay TV subscribers in 2H 2018
May 9, 2019 – Korea's Ministry of Science and ICT has announced pay TV subscriber numbers for the country for the second half of 2018. At the end of 2018 there were 32.5 million pay TV subscribers in Korea, with IPTV having the largest share having overtaken cable TV in late 2017.
News categories: Ministry of Science and ICT, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Satellite, Subscribers
Kbro chooses Alticast middleware to power upgrade to Android TV
Dec 18, 2018 – Taiwan's Kbro has selected Alticast’s AltiPlatform as the middleware to integrate its existing service infrastructure with Android TV. The upgrade will combine the operator’s traditional cable services with numerous OTT options.
News categories: Alticast, Kbro, Dosa Park, Chipin Chen, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Taiwan, UX
ATEME provides virtualized video headend to CJ Hello
Oct 16, 2018 – ATEME has announced that CJ Hello has deployed its TITAN Live solution for an HD project. The deployment enables CJ Hello to virtualize its video headend and distribute HD channels using DTT modulation in 23 Korean regions.
News categories: ATEME, CJ Hello, Eunsook Wi, Kim Hong-Ik, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Terrestrial
Alticast commercializes CJ Hello business platform
Mar 29, 2018 – Alticast has announced that it has developed a big data-based business platform for CJ Hello. The platform will serve as the foundation for CJ Hello’s intelligent cable TV service called 'Alaska' and will introduce an advanced UI/UX that manages the overall media service operation.
News categories: Alticast, CJ Hello, Wongeun Jeon, Kim Hong-ik, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Korea, UX
Alticast to secure 4K UHD content on Windows
Apr 12, 2017 – Alticast has announced that it has extended the security capabilities of the Alticast AltiProtect product to 4K UHD content running on Windows platforms. Alticast has integrated Intel SGX into its Multi-DRM product.
News categories: Alticast, Intel Corp, Jae Park, Rick Echevarria, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
CJ Hellovision migrates legacy STBs to Alticast CA
Dec 15, 2016 – Alticast has announced that CJ Hellovision has completed the largest overhaul of a content security system using Alticast’s AltiProtect download and replace conditional access solution.
News categories: Alticast, CJ Hellovision, Dr. Mi-Sung Cho, Dr. Hong-Ik Kim, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Korea, Set Top Box
Pay TV operators to add 200 million subscribers by 2020
Oct 8, 2015 – Pay TV subscriptions for 338 operators across 89 countries will increase by 200 million from a collective 704 million in 2014 to 904 million by 2020, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The report estimates that 29 operators had more than 5 million paying subs by end-2014.
News categories: Digital TV Research, China, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers